Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: CC in a bar

(Blair County)

Default CC in a bar

In Pa is it legal legal to cc in a bar. I have heard by several people it is not, but i have yet to see it in writing.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: CC in a bar

Its legal. The bar may however ask you to leave if they wish for their patrons to be disarmed.

Places you can & cannot carry..
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...nsylvania.html
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Luzerne County)

As knight correctly points out, there is no law prohibing carry (OC or CC) in a bar.

As to "seeing it in writing", you will not see a law that "allows" you to do stuff Laws prohibit things and behhaviors/acts

In addition to Knight's link on where you can/can not carry, check out the flyer also stickied at the top of this forum for general carry info.
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/concealed...carry-you.html

(Blair County)

Thanks I read those links and did a search. Didnt come up with anything. I didnt know if it was a PLCB thing or what. I personally think it is not a wise idea to carry in a bar if your intentions are to get intoxicated.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    Thanks I read those links and did a search. Didnt come up with anything. I didnt know if it was a PLCB thing or what. I personally think it is not a wise idea to carry in a bar if your intentions are to get intoxicated.
    I definitely agree with that.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jmiro View Post
    I don't think you'll find many, if any on here disagreeing with you on that point.

Agreed.

Isn't it ILLEGAL to defend yourself with deadly force while intoxicated? Maybe not illegal, as in "in the books" illegal, but I've gathered that if you are forced into a life or death situation and use your gun to save your life, you are automatically guilty of manslaughter. Someone here said bloodwork is done in a defensible shooting investigation, and if you're found with anything over a 0.00% BAC, you're going to jail.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    Isn't it ILLEGAL to defend yourself with deadly force while intoxicated? Maybe not illegal, as in "in the books" illegal, but I've gathered that if you are forced into a life or death situation and use your gun to save your life, you are automatically guilty of manslaughter. Someone here said bloodwork is done in a defensible shooting investigation, and if you're found with anything over a 0.00% BAC, you're going to jail.
    NO
    Completely and utterly untrue.

Well that's good to know...ever since I was told this, and others seemed to back the statement up, I have not consumed one drink while out to dinner with the Mrs. and the M&P in tow.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mabuz View Post
    Well that's good to know...ever since I was told this, and others seemed to back the statement up, I have not consumed one drink while out to dinner with the Mrs. and the M&P in tow.
    Yep, if you make a bad shoot, your in trouble. Alcohol or not. For many people, adding alcohol may be a factor in using poor judgment and therefor a bad shoot.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast