Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Doubletap Ammo

(Allegheny County)

Default Doubletap Ammo

I just wanted to gripe about Doubletap Ammunition. I decided to start a new thread rather than resurrect this one.

My annual qualifications are coming up, and unfortunately I never stocked up on JHP, which I'm required to use for quals. I have an ample supply of ball ammo, but generally buy hollow points each year a little ahead of when I need them.

This time around, unfortunately, everyone knows how hard ammo is to find. I did a search and found that the lowest cost right now is about $1.31/rd, including shipping, from Doubletap. Before ordering from them I checked out a bunch listing ammo for less, but they all prominently said "Sold Out" somewhere near the "Order" button. Doubletap did not say "Sold Out," or "Back-ordered," or give any other indication that they would not immediately ship my order...

... but that was 13 days ago. Today my order is still listed as "Pending." There is no "cancel" link anywhere near my order. Twice I've filled out their form asking them to get back to me on availability, with no response. I'd already told them when I ordered it that I need it for annual qualification and cannot wait for back-orders to ship. When I call their number, it rings a bit and then transfers me somewhere where I only get a busy signal.

Naturally, there is no "cancel order" button on their web site. I can view my order, but there's no way to cancel it.

As far as I'm concerned, failing to tell the customer that an item he's ordering is not in stock is basically fraudulent. I've back-ordered things before, and probably will again, but I expect to be told the truth about when to expect fulfillment and whether an item is back-ordered. Failing to respond to communication, though, and providing no reasonable method of canceling an order, is downright criminal. I will certainly never use Doubletap again.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Doubletap Ammo

Did they bill your credit card yet? You could just cancel from the credit card, they will get the idea when the money wont go through.
    Jimmy cracked corn and HE didn't care! Why should I?

(Allegheny County)

Just to follow up on my own post, Doubletap Ammo did finally reply to my message and cancel my order. I was able to order somewhere else, for about $0.80/rd, and they shipped yesterday.

Now I just need to order some .38 spl to qualify on my BUG.

(Chester County)

I can't believe your department doesn't supply the ammo to meet the requirement THEY have created. Whats next, but your own patrol car?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dunno View Post
    I can't believe your department doesn't supply the ammo to meet the requirement THEY have created. Whats next, but your own patrol car?
    Constables receive essentially no tax dollars (something I'm rather proud of, actually). So I buy my uniform, my car, my gun, my ammo, and everything else.

(Chester County)

wow, thats crazy. I had no idea.