Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default Selling a gun to someone living in California

Ok, well i just sold a gun to someone in California today. He couldn't buy the mags for the gun because they were over ten rounds, so i just sold him the firearm. What he told me was that even though he purchased the gun from someone out of his state, he still has to pay taxes on the firearm. At first i thought the ffl dealer he was receiving the gun from was trying to scam him, but he confirmed from others that in fact, that is true. He said that he was required to have an invoice with the price he had paid for the gun. I find it really outrageous that this is in fact a procedure that people follow in the stae of Cali. Just wanted to share that with people who didn't know. Plus he has a ten day waiting period to receive his firearm.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Selling a gun to someone living in California

There are plenty of aggrieved and angry firearms owners in California but they are outnumbered by the fruits and nuts from the big cities. They must follow the laws that are made just have what little rights they have left.

I'm in Ca. and can tell you he could have received the magazines but taken apart. They are legal to possess as parts and can be used to construct 10 rounders from or to use as repair parts for legally owned high caps.....or can be assembled in a free state for use there, but then taken apart again when returning.....retarded I know!!!

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Most states have a legal requirement that you pay "sales and use" tax when you buy something from out of state. California has just found a way to enforce it.