Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Philly Area Gunshops and FL LTCF Class?

Greetings all

In another thread I was reading a couple of days ago, I saw someone mention that there were a couple of gunshops in the Philly area that were "one stop shopping" for training and paperwork for a FL LTCF. After doing some reading up on states that honor a FL license, and talking to Mrs. Plinker, I would like to pursue this option. We have relatives in FL (and I know FL already honors my PA license) and OH, which does not honor my PA license, but does honor a FL one.

So can anyone point me in the direction of one or two of these shops so I can get going on this? As a bonus, Mrs. Plinker has consented to take the course with me, as long as it is convenient to her schedule.

Thanks.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Philly Area Gunshops and FL LTCF Class?

Do you have a DD-214 or Hunter Safety card? Either will suffice for FL's CWP application. Any NRA basic handgun safety course will work too if you lack the military or hunter cards.

You'll have to write FL's Dept of Agriculture to have them send you a FL CWP application with fingerprint cards.

linkage..

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/apply.html
    Last edited by knight0334; February 17th, 2008 at 04:17 PM.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515, SteveWag

Don't end up in my signature!

(Delaware County)

Any gun safety course will do the trick, pistol safety being the most relevant, ut a hunters safety course will get you through. The finger prints most state police barracks should do for free, when we asked how much, mine told me "you pay taxes dont you?" and the photo was 5.99 at wallgreens. if you would like help feel free to pm me, Ill be more than happy with helping you awnser any questions.

(Philadelphia County)

South Philadelphia Archery & Gun does a one-day-get-it-all-done-in-the-same-place course for Florida permits.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

Thanks guys, and Dan especially for the contact info.

I had a hunter safety card, but it is lost to antiquity. I haven't even been hunting in 27 years, and the card is older than that!

I've been trying to set up a gun safety course with our local NRA certified guy, mainly for Mrs. Plinker, but one which I would attend as well for a refresher, and for moral support. It has not been working out as I would have preferred. But a one stop shop for everything motivates her a little more, and makes my life a little easier, even if I have to travel into the big bad city.