Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Laurel Highlands Region > Westmoreland

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old January 17th, 2010, 11:52 AM

(Westmoreland County)
JethroToad is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Public shooting range near SGL #42?

Hi all, I was told by a friend of the family there is a public shooting range up near Laughlintown (east of Ligonier) somewhere around State Game Lands #42. I followed his directions but either they weren't very accurate or I just missed it. During the summer, I often go up to Linn Run so it would really be great to make a quick side trip to let go with a little long range stress management too.

I've looked at other posts here and followed the web links, but the closest description I can find is one on Rt 30 and another on Rt 711, both listed as being near SGL #42.

If anyone can give me more accurate directions I would greatly appreciate it!
Thanks in advance,
JT

P.S. I am also interested in finding one out in Washington County. If anyone has any suggestions for a State Game Land public range in Wash. Co., please feel free to direct me there. I've been to the public range near Clarion, PA and highly recommend it as it's clean, well kept and fairly unused.

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old January 17th, 2010, 01:54 PM

(Washington County)
R.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond reputeR.W.J has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public shooting range near SGL #42?

Washington County has A PGC range on SGL 245. You would take rte 70 to the Claysville exit. Right off the exit and a right onto rte 40 east. about 1/2 mile make right onto Rte 231 South follow for about 4 miles and make right onto Ranch rd. Shooting range is about 2 miles down on the left.

John F Kennedy.
Old January 18th, 2010, 06:51 PM

(Westmoreland County)

Excellent, thank you WCO,R.W.J
Old January 18th, 2010, 07:14 PM

(Somerset County)
woodust will become famous soon enough

Heading East on Rt.30 turn left @ the pie shop{flashing light}
go approx 200 yds and bear Right @ the "y".
Drive approx 1 mile,you will see a small white house on the right,and a road to the right just past it,That is Kissell Springs Road,turn right there.
Follow that road about half a mile and you will see the sign for SGL on your right @ the top of the hill.
Turn right into the lot and follow the road back till you see the range on your left.
Follow the rules explicitly!
PAPER targets ONLY!
I heard tell of $180.00 fine for shooting anything other than paper targets!
Hope this helps!
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:20 PM

(Westmoreland County)

Absolutely. I have them all printed and ready to be set with the staple gun! Thanks Woodust!
Old January 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM

(Westmoreland County)
D10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond reputeD10 has a reputation beyond repute

Ain't there a public Range on Route 119 west as well? Near Greensburg.
Old May 5th, 2010, 04:29 PM

(Westmoreland County)
CollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond reputeCollegeSheepDog has a reputation beyond repute

What is the distance of the range off of Kissel Rd?

There is also a 100 yard shooting range attached to SGL 42 in New Florence off of Furnace Lane.
Old May 6th, 2010, 05:19 PM

(Westmoreland County)

Between a half mile and a mile. Follow Kissel Springs Road even though it looks like it's taking you toward the middle of nowhere once you get away from the main road back to Laughlintown. There will be a steeper hill RIGHT before the entrance - and the entrance is clearly marked and easily seen from the road.
Old May 6th, 2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

(Westmoreland County)
1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute1713 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krssteel View Post
Ain't there a public Range on Route 119 west as well? Near Greensburg.
That's probably A&S Indoor Pistol. Don't have to be a member to use the indoor range.

indoorpistolrange.com
Old June 22nd, 2011, 03:50 AM

(Allegheny County)
medic550 is on a distinguished road

I like shooting up there.. Usually never anyone there and be and couple friends have a good time. More isolated than wexford is.