Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB80 Signed by Governor Corbett!

Thanks to everyone's support of this bill, it has been signed into law by Governor Corbett. Municipalities can now be held liable for firearms laws on the books which are in direct violation of the state's preemption laws. To link to continuing discussion on the new law, CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Regions > Laurel Highlands Region > Westmoreland

Notices

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old December 1st, 2010, 05:43 PM

(Westmoreland County)
Bastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud of
Default Rostraver sportsman

My wife and i curios about joining rostraver Sportsman or possibly another club in the area. We live in Donora and i work in Washington. We shoot pistol rifle shotgun and archery. I know rostraver has all that. If there are any other clubs in our that would accommodate our shooting passion i am interested to hear about them. I am looking for any information to clubs location, cost, membership requirement and process, point of contact. We are in need of a club thats focus is on shooting and hunting. We were members of a club a couple years ago and we not very happy, because the concentration of the club was the bar and not shooting or anything else. Thank You in advance

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old December 2nd, 2010, 11:51 AM

(Fayette County)
bvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond reputebvaguy30 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Rostraver sportsman

I've always thought about joining there as I grew up in Belle Vernon (The "wrong side of the Wal-Mart") and used to shoot 3D there a few years ago.

It seems like a nice set-up, however when I was there, it always seemed like a bunch of old-timers (nothing wrong with that)...

I live in Brentwood now, although looking at moving back to "the Valley" soon, I'm still considering joining Pitcarin-Monroeville Sportsmans Club. They have a great facility (try a group shoot sometime). I don't know about the hunting aspect of the club (I belong to Eldora R&GC for that), and also hunt a family members small 17 acre plot that is adjacent to other "woods" area in Rostraver.

It may be a small drive, but I would seriously consider checking out Pitcarin-Monroeville as even if I move, I believe that's where I will join this January.
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:35 PM

(Westmoreland County)
Bastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud ofBastard Child has much to be proud of

I have considered pitcarin-monroeville in the past, the biggest problem i have with it is location. it's a direction that i dont travel very often. we do most things toward Washington. we have family over in west newton so we travel that way very often, just not much beyond
Old December 12th, 2010, 11:29 AM

Doug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond reputeDoug Wash has a reputation beyond repute

I've shot Clairton GC a few times for USPSA matches, and they seemed pretty friendly. I'm not sure what all they offer or their cost of membership, but I have definitely considered joining there.

I have hear that Rostraver GC has some strange noise and shooting restrictions. I am not entirely sure what they are, and don't want to speak out of turn, but a few friends have told me it isn't worth the hassle to join.