Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
HB2011 and HB1243 Updates

So far, there hasn't been a 2nd Consideration vote on either of these bills. WE NEED TO KEEP UP THE PRESSURE, and continue to contact our legislators - ask them to tell House leadership to bring these bills to a vote! Ask them to vote YES on HB2011, and NO on the Universal Background Check amendment. In addition, the FOAC is requesting support for an amendment proposed to HB1243 (Mental Health Records for Firearms Purchases) that, if passed, will allow HB1243 to restore firearm rights to those who have recovered from a mental illness.

For more information and updates on these efforts,
CLICK HERE

For legislator contact information,
CLICK HERE

Go Back   Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association Discussion Forum > Discussion > Training, Tactics & Competition

Notices

Training, Tactics & Competition Everything related to becoming a better, safer gun owner through education, training and practice.

PAFOA Sponsors Businesses that provide financial and technical support to PAFOA. PAFOA Shopping Partners A percentage of all sales made through these partner links goes to PAFOA.
Arms Dealer Logo

Arms Dealer — Free Firearm Classifieds, Gun Shop & Shooting Range Reviews

Arms Dealer is your one-stop shop for free firearm classifieds, gun shop & shooting range reviews.

Join today to start buying, selling and reviewing!

Old May 8th, 2012

(Cumberland County)
Tuxdad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Basic handgun courses in South central PA ???

Howdy All,

I live in South Central Pa, and am looking for some basic handgun courses .. Are there any at the moment soon to be going on ?? I looked at freedom armory but that was a bit out of my cash flow range ..

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Thanks,

Tux

Thanks for visiting our forum! If you ever plan to return you should consider quickly registering for a forum account, especially if you're in Pennsylvania. It's simple to do and best of all free. Once registered you'll be able to participate in our discussions and keep up to date on issues important to Pennsylvania firearm owners!

Old May 8th, 2012

(Dauphin County)
rgkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond reputergkitchen has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Basic handgun courses in South central PA ???

I'm not sure what you mean by "basic handgun course", but you just missed the start of the lastest NRA Handgun Safety course at Harrisburg Hunters & Anglers. The next one is in July. There is also a four day Massad Ayoob handgun course planned for September.

Information here . . . .

http://www.harrisburghunters.org/dis...ety_course.htm
Old May 9th, 2012
PAFOA Bronze Supporter
PAFOA Gold Supporter

(York County)
S&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond reputeS&WOwner has a reputation beyond repute

Jump over to Find NRA activities near you!.

Old May 9th, 2012

Lancaster/Carlisle/Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
(Lancaster County)
bigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond reputebigredxlt has a reputation beyond repute

How basic of a handgun course are you looking for? Let me warn you that the NRA Basic Pistol shooting course is VERY BASIC. Maybe it was just how my instructor wanted to teach the class but it was all so so basic and essentially read out of an NRA handbook. So if you arent familiar with handguns take the course. If you have been shooting a few years and know your way around a handgun find something more advanced.
Old May 9th, 2012

(Cumberland County)
Tuxdad is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been shooting for most of my life, so I guess I'm looking more towards self defense type classes of hand guns..

Thanks
Old May 9th, 2012

(Bucks County)
Palerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond reputePalerider has a reputation beyond repute

General Defensive Handgun right near you in Lewisberry. I took it a few years ago and recommend it.

http://www.insightstraining.com/view...p?courseID=146

Another location near to youthat I don't have any experience with but have seen positive comments on this forum.

http://www.directactiontactical.com/...en-enrollment/