Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: LTCF Process

(Adams County)

Default Re: LTCF Process

I'm glad that you would fight for it and have the resources to do so. I don't think you'll have any issue though.

BTW, is your friend in Littlestown a gun owner too? Maybe he/she could come out for a meet and greet? Like this one...

http://forum.pafoa.org/adams-94/1005...ml#post1214657

Don't mean to hi-jack, just figured I'd make the suggestion.
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FiredUp View Post
    I'm glad that you would fight for it and have the resources to do so. I don't think you'll have any issue though.

BTW, is your friend in Littlestown a gun owner too? Maybe he/she could come out for a meet and greet? Like this one...

http://forum.pafoa.org/adams-94/1005...ml#post1214657

Don't mean to hi-jack, just figured I'd make the suggestion.
    He's a gun owner too but only hunting firearms. His budget doesn't really allow him to buy a fancy pistol (as he likes to say), with 4 kids (2 boys 2 girls) ranging from 5 to 10 yrs old every penny counts. Bill's Sundays are pretty much full every weekend with Church from first thing in the morning to well into the afternoon. Guy is so darn busy with so many things he only got 2 days in the field last hunting season!!

I will mention it to him though, he's been out of town all week on a business trip but I'll see him Monday. I'll also point him to this forum. If he actually has free time when we do a meet I know he'll bring the Mrs, he's not one to turn down a meal!!
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(Adams County)

f
    Quote Originally Posted by jhbenson4 View Post
    He's a gun owner too but only hunting firearms. His budget doesn't really allow him to buy a fancy pistol (as he likes to say), with 4 kids (2 boys 2 girls) ranging from 5 to 10 yrs old every penny counts. Bill's Sundays are pretty much full every weekend with Church from first thing in the morning to well into the afternoon. Guy is so darn busy with so many things he only got 2 days in the field last hunting season!!

I will mention it to him though, he's been out of town all week on a business trip but I'll see him Monday. I'll also point him to this forum. If he actually has free time when we do a meet I know he'll bring the Mrs, he's not one to turn down a meal!!
    I feel his pain! We will be having our fourth soon (September 10th due date). Finally having a girl after three boys! When she is born my boys wll be 6, 3, and 2. That's why I bought a Hi Point. A lot of people look down on them because they're cheap, but they have a lifetime warranty and work great with a little TLC. Best part is they can be purchased brand new for less than $150. I know I love mine and I don't have any problems with it at all anymore. A little dremel here, a little file there, she runs like a champ.
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

(Franklin County)

jhbenson, did you get your LTCF?
    Armalite AR-30, 6 AR15's, Glock 30, Rem 700 SPS Tac .308, 12GA, Yugo AK47 UF, AK47.

(Adams County)

it has been my experince in adams co. when you go in if you are not a l.e.o. you get very cool treatment. down right cold some times.

the thing to rember is unless you are a drunkard, convicted of something they can not refuse you. the easy test is go buy a firearm if you get through the p.i.c.s. they have no reason to refuse you.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by bob308 View Post
    it has been my experince in adams co. when you go in if you are not a l.e.o. you get very cool treatment. down right cold some times.

the thing to rember is unless you are a drunkard, convicted of something they can not refuse you. the easy test is go buy a firearm if you get through the p.i.c.s. they have no reason to refuse you.
    Timely question, my letter arrived yesterday when I got home from work, went and picked up my LTCF this morning at 8:00AM sharp. The letter took just about 5 weeks, I submitted my application in person at 2:00PM on Tuesday, 11 May 10.

The administrative assistant at the front desk was polite this morning, maybe because its Friday. Either way, I'll be following up with them later. My first set of appointments after getting settled in will be with my local representatives in the Commonwealth legislature to make sure they know who I am.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(Adams County)

I turned my paperwork in 3 weeks ago and have not yet received my letter, and my references have not yet been contacted. I was surprised that the stated turnaround time for the LTCF was 30-45 days. I inquired as to why it was so long in Adams county when in York you can walk in and out with an LTCF after a quick background check as when you purchase a gun. The reason was given that they have to call the references. I am not sure why phone calls would take a month and a half? I will post again as the process moves forward.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
    I turned my paperwork in 3 weeks ago and have not yet received my letter, and my references have not yet been contacted. I was surprised that the stated turnaround time for the LTCF was 30-45 days. I inquired as to why it was so long in Adams county when in York you can walk in and out with an LTCF after a quick background check as when you purchase a gun. The reason was given that they have to call the references. I am not sure why phone calls would take a month and a half? I will post again as the process moves forward.
    I would expect it to take very near the 45 days in Adams.

(Adams County)

My wife and I dropped our applications off on a Monday. Our references where called on Tuesday. Our letters where dropped off on that Friday. When we went to get our pictures and pick up the cards the normal receptionist (Out of uniform) wasn't in. So it was another female in uniform that took care of us. She was very kind and talkative. This was a month ago.

(Adams County)

Just dropped my renewal off on Monday afternoon. We'll see how long it takes. The receptionist seemed to be having a bad day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast