Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Who teaches straight up combat training in Pa?

I want stright up combat tactics. I am going to train with a friend who is going to show me what he learned as an 03 11 in the marines. I want to train with him and build off the basic skills and fire team menuvers. I want advanced combat shooting for rifle such as is in Magpul dynamics. Who teaches this around here?

I want to also learn combat shooting with a pistol. I have all the basics down and want to get advanced tactics.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: Who teaches straight up combat training in Pa?

Join the U.S. Army???
    Veritas Vos Liberat

(Schuylkill County)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by LastManOut View Post
    Join the U.S. Army???
    you beat me to it, but for PA it would be the PA Army National Guard.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(York County)

No one I know of.

Pennsylvania has a law prohibiting para-military training.

If you want it, join the Corps and ask for the 0300 field. You'll learn plenty there.
    West Shore Sportsmen's Association WSSA Home page

(Pike County)

paramilitary training is only prohibited if with intent to overthrow goverment...that said, insights training center holds classes in pa, check their web sight, combat handgun, rifle, shotgun, carbine, etc...i never trained there, but have heard great things about them...also, check out modern combative systems for combative style training in hadgun, long gun, knife, and unarmed...have heard great things as well

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    Gabriel Suarez is good, but most of their stuff is west coast/ southwest, closest I've seen is Ohio.

If you want real combat training, nothing is better than hands-on. Walk into the ghetto and start screaming racial slurs...I'm sure you'll have to fight for your life in no time.

As far as I know, the only way to get that training around here, or something close to it, is extreme martial arts.
    Last edited by CHEMICAL; May 17th, 2010 at 08:24 AM.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by renegadephoenix View Post
    you beat me to it, but for PA it would be the PA Army National Guard.
    If you're close enough, I suggest MDNG. Reason is they're a light division (even have a LRSD). When the war is over PANG wil go back to spending their time hanging out in the motor pool just like the AD heavy units.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Gabriel Suarez is good, but most of their stuff is west coast/ southwest, closest I've seen is Ohio.

Also Virginia. Often you can link a couple classes over several days if you haev the time.

If you want real combat training, nothing is better than hands-on. Walk into the ghetto and start screaming racial slurs...I'm sure you'll have to fight for your life in no time.

LOL -- sounds like a YouTube video waiting to happen

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaState View Post
    I want stright up combat tactics. I am going to train with a friend who is going to show me what he learned as an 03 11 in the marines. I want to train with him and build off the basic skills and fire team menuvers. I want advanced combat shooting for rifle such as is in Magpul dynamics. Who teaches this around here?

I want to also learn combat shooting with a pistol. I have all the basics down and want to get advanced tactics.
    What nation-state do you plan on liberating?

I actually stumbled across an outfit that offers a "civilian ranger school". For the paltry sum of $10,000 you'll get six months worth of Army Ranger training condensed into two weeks. From what I gather it's not for the faint of heart.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by k12cop View Post
    paramilitary training is only prohibited if with intent to overthrow goverment...that said, insights training center holds classes in pa, check their web sight, combat handgun, rifle, shotgun, carbine, etc...i never trained there, but have heard great things about them...also, check out modern combative systems for combative style training in hadgun, long gun, knife, and unarmed...have heard great things as well
    I'm quite familiar with what Insights Training is doing here in PA. They do it at my club. I worked with Stephanie to schedule all their PA classes for the past 4 years or so since I've been Club President. And I've known them for over a decade now.

I've taken those classes you mentioned. I've stopped by to visit most every class they've taught here over the past 5 years. None of it is paramilitary. It's all defensive. There are no fire team rushes. No suppressive fire. While it might sound like splitting hairs, I've served in the infantry in the Marines, and what Insights teaches is most certainly not paramilitary training.

The statute doesn't discuss intent to overthrow the government. It discusses unlawful activity and furthering civil disorder. The statute does specifically state -

Nothing contained in this section shall make unlawful .... any hunting club, rifle club, rifle range, pistol range, shooting range or other program or individual instruction intended to teach the safe handling or use of firearms, archery equipment or other weapons or techniques employed in connection with lawful sports or other lawful activities.
    Self-defense is a lawful activity. I'd have a hard time conjuring up a domestic scenario where suppressive fire and coordinated fire team rushes would be a justified act by a private citizen. Or even civil law enforcement.
    West Shore Sportsmen's Association WSSA Home page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast