Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Buying ammo

Default Buying ammo

So I was just at Walmart doing some grocery shopping and figured I'd stock up on ammo since I was running a little low. Considering its the middle of the night (3 am) I find the first person working there I see and ask if she can get the key to the ammo case. She heads off, comes back a minute later and tells me her manager said its state law they cant sell ammo after 10pm. Now I'm pretty sure I have bought it there late at night since that's the only time I'm there.

Has anyone ever heard of this before? Or did I just get a lazy manager that didn't feel like opening the case?

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Buying ammo

I've been told on several occasions at wally world that there are no ammo sales after 11pm IIRC. Never did remember to ask what time it it goes back on sale in the AM though.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Lancaster County)

Talking Re: Buying ammo

NO!! its not pa state law just some lazy a.. employee/manager

(Northampton County)

I've read this complaint many times before. It is not state law, but people at box stores say it is all the time from what I have heard.

(Chester County)

Walmart employees are allowed (per company policy according to a sporting good manager there) to refuse to sell ammunition to anyone for any reason. I was told they routinely refuse to sell to anyone with alcohol on their breath, to rude people, to "gangster" acting customers, upset or angry customers and customers who get an "attitude" when they have to wait to find someone with the ammo case key.

I smile and chat with them and have been never turned away, even during late hours.
    Hoplophobia is funny

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    Walmart employees are allowed (per company policy according to a sporting good manager there) to refuse to sell ammunition to anyone for any reason. I was told they routinely refuse to sell to anyone with alcohol on their breath, to rude people, to "gangster" acting customers, upset or angry customers and customers who get an "attitude" when they have to wait to find someone with the ammo case key.

I smile and chat with them and have been never turned away, even during late hours.

Interesting...

That was my first time asking that worker, I usually run into the older gentleman thats stocking the sporting goods and he has the key but I didn't see him anywhere.

I'm always very courtesous with people so I know I wasn't being rude, maybe it was my pants hanging half way off my ass and my sideways baseball cap that did it jk

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by landyacht302 View Post
    Interesting...

That was my first time asking that worker, I usually run into the older gentleman thats stocking the sporting goods and he has the key but I didn't see him anywhere.

I'm always very courtesous with people so I know I wasn't being rude, maybe it was my pants hanging half way off my ass and my sideways baseball cap that did it jk
    No, it was more likely your gold "toof" with the diamond encrusted $ sign on it!

(Monroe County)

Walmart policy, 10 or 11pm. It's stated on a sign somewhere at most ammo counters.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Lackawanna County)

They'll only sell from the sporting goods register; the keys get locked up in the safe with the cash bag.
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."