Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Lasermax guide rod laser

Are they worth it? Are the reliable and accurate? I like the idea of having an internal laser but they are expensive! The ones i found are anywhere from $330-$400. If they're good I'd like to get one but I want to find one for a better price than that.

(Butler County)

Default Re: Lasermax guide rod laser

I went with Crimson Trace grip laser sights for one reason..You can adjust, left/right, up/down. Rod laser cannot be adjusted. Lasermax web site will give accuracy.

(Allegheny County)

I have one and have been very happy with it. It's not 100% accurate at more then 10 yards, but it's enough to help you quickly acquire your target.

(Monroe County)

the two that ive used have been very spotty at best. one in an xd9 the other in a glock 17. mostly the batteries would die rather fast, but sometimes while shooting the laser would just turn off and on at random.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Monroe County)

Ive never used one personally, but have heard that the lens gets fouled up rather quickly while shooting and thats why a lot of people switch to the CT grips.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by rovert97 View Post
    the two that ive used have been very spotty at best. one in an xd9 the other in a glock 17. mostly the batteries would die rather fast, but sometimes while shooting the laser would just turn off and on at random.
    The batteries will die if the laser gets turned on accidentally - which can happen if you carry in a soft sided holster due to the way the laser is turned on (Sliding the takedown lever sideways)

I've never had mine just "turn off" while shooting, except for once when I didn't have it installed properly.

Quote Originally Posted by CHEMICAL View Post
    Ive never used one personally, but have heard that the lens gets fouled up rather quickly while shooting and thats why a lot of people switch to the CT grips.
    Yes, the GSR will occlude the lens, but only after 50 or 100 rounds depending on your ammo - and in a SD situation this is not an issue (If you're firing that many shots, something is wrong) and at the range, you can just wipe it off with a cloth.

The Lasermaxx lasers aren't right for everyone, but I like it, especially since I don't need a special holster to accommodate it.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by lildobe View Post
    The batteries will die if the laser gets turned on accidentally - which can happen if you carry in a soft sided holster due to the way the laser is turned on (Sliding the takedown lever sideways)

I've never had mine just "turn off" while shooting, except for once when I didn't have it installed properly.

Yes, the GSR will occlude the lens, but only after 50 or 100 rounds depending on your ammo - and in a SD situation this is not an issue (If you're firing that many shots, something is wrong) and at the range, you can just wipe it off with a cloth.

The Lasermaxx lasers aren't right for everyone, but I like it, especially since I don't need a special holster to accommodate it.
    Yup, I had the bent shiny metal piece that replaces the Glock piece (the replacement piece as a longer "arm", and I have no idea what it's called) in incorrectly and the laser turns off after each shot.

I got mine, almost new, for $150. It was a steal, but you can find a used one for ~$200. I believe the warranty it for 3 years (may be longer).

I like mine, but I RARELY ever use it. I check it after taking off the holster to make sure it's off, and turn it on before holstering to make sure that it works.

Oh, I buy batteries in bulk on ebay.

Al