Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Can I kill the rabbits, that damage my crop?

Quote Originally Posted by thanker92 View Post
    Serious question:
    Can I legally trap (have-a-heart) a chipmunk and release him a couple of hundred yards away (on my own property)?
    I see no harm in that....am I correct?

No harm but most likely illegal. I`m sure there will be those who are up on PGL who will correct us. Considering the alternatives, cats, .22 LR, I am perfectly fine with live trapping a nusiance animal and reloacating. BTW, a few hundred yards away will bring them back within the hour. The old adage is, relocate them across water.

I know there are purists who will most likely flame me but, I am offering alternatives. And maybe less than legal but humane. It seems ok on another thread to condone a less than legal alterantive to "locking up your gun on company property that prohibits weapons and don`t say anything to anyone" and that`s fine but.....just my thoughts. shrug

And for anyone who has ever trapped, be it leg hold or live, it is a stealth activity. In your case, hide the dammned trap under a bush or something and transport and relocate the animal early in the AM!!

(Schuylkill County)

I wanna know how we go 14 pages deep on a simple question by Metz, answered in 2..
    III%

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    I wanna know how we go 14 pages deep on a simple question by Metz, answered in 2..
    Probably because animal/wildlife control like gun control is a very emotional subject for a lot of people in this state. More since the problem has migrated from just rural areas to incude the suburbs.
    NRA life member/ILA/PVA/Whittington Center sponsor
    GOA member/Second Amendment Foundation member
    NAHC life member/KECA founding committee member

(Bucks County)

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by YosemiteSam View Post
    Probably because animal/wildlife control like gun control is a very emotional subject for a lot of people in this state. More since the problem has migrated from just rural areas to incude the suburbs.
    True, but in reality, how many people need help in taking care of the problem.. I mean, I'm not suggesting anything illegal by any means... but let's look at the facts here... how many people actually call the PGC when something is in their garden to find out what COA to take? I haven't heard of many in the past... It is not the right way to go about things (on your own), but reality is, people do it because of all the bullcrap they are expected to wade through from the regulations...

But I agree with you. It is a very emotional, and very deep topic.

BTW, by all means, YES, if anyone has a question, look at the PGC reg's and laws, and if you still have any question, contact the game commission. I don't want my post to be taken the wrong way or anything...
    Last edited by NikeBauer21; May 20th, 2010 at 04:11 PM.
    III%

(Lehigh County)

According to what I found on the pgc web site as of May 26, 2019 it is legal if they are causing damage to personal property and you have the legal safety limits required. And it is not some restricted species. To see and confirm for your self before you start killing the pests here is the link to the web page https://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/Pages/NuisanceWildlife.aspx also a good method if you have the space is a .22 or .25 caliber pellet gun. I use a Hatsan Edge Vortex Piston brake barrel pellet gun in .22 caliber. With a pinty 3-9x40 illuminated scope (stays zeroed in well so far) I believe mine with 14.6 grain pellets has about 20-25ish foot pounds.

You can if your a good shot !

(Berks County)

Necrothreading...I can shoot anything doing damage to my property that I don't get caught shooting.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by SSS5155 View Post
    According to what I found on the pgc web site as of May 26, 2019 it is legal if they are causing damage to personal property and you have the legal safety limits required. And it is not some restricted species. To see and confirm for your self before you start killing the pests here is the link to the web page https://www.pgc.pa.gov/Wildlife/Page...eWildlife.aspx also a good method if you have the space is a .22 or .25 caliber pellet gun. I use a Hatsan Edge Vortex Piston brake barrel pellet gun in .22 caliber. With a pinty 3-9x40 illuminated scope (stays zeroed in well so far) I believe mine with 14.6 grain pellets has about 20-25ish foot pounds.
    Did you check Wolfs new animal cruelty laws?

(Chester County)

I gve up on having a vegetable garden years ago as even the fencing did not deter the deer, and rabbits. Unless I can start a Coyote, and Fox breeding enterprise, it just isn't worth it.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast