Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    (Pike County)

Default Re: Can I kill the rabbits, that damage my crop?

Quote Originally Posted by PAOhio View Post
    "Duck season!"
    --PAOhio
    "Duck, rabbit, duck" season

(Adams County)

I've heard that planting marigold's around your garden will keep rabbits out.
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy. Hippie and 3%er.

(Mercer County)

Can you kill them? Absolutely, they are easy to kill, I saw an LCO from the PAGC throw a rock at one that was in his garden. The rock struck it in the head, killing it instantly. He retrieved a shovel and turned it into compost. There are better tools than a rock.

Should you kill them? I think so, but that is only my opinion, they are destroying your property. Maybe the PAGC or commonwealth will reimburse you for you destroyed property(just like when one of their deer runs in front of your car )? That'll be the day...

May you kill them? The possum police say no, unless you derive more than half you income from your crops(I don't know if Marijuana qualifies as a crop). I know oddly that, hay doesn't as a neighbor was prosecuted for that one, and he actually lived off his farm.

I am not a lawyer, no do I pretend to be one.

(Monroe County)

If it's a really bad rabbit you may what to try Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch.

"And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out.

"'Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it. Amen.'"
    Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; May 14th, 2010 at 08:12 AM. Reason: add quote
    Owner Trigger Time LLc 01 FFL/NFA Saylorsburg, PA. Sales/Service/Transfers/Training
    NRA CRSO/Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun inst. BSA Rifle/Shotgun Merit badge counselor. US Navy Marksmanship Team Staff

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by richbug View Post
    Can you kill them? Absolutely, they are easy to kill, I saw an LCO from the PAGC throw a rock at one that was in his garden. The rock struck it in the head, killing it instantly. He retrieved a shovel and turned it into compost. There are better tools than a rock.

What is a LCO? No such title in the PGC.

Should you kill them? I think so, but that is only my opinion, they are destroying your property. Maybe the PAGC or commonwealth will reimburse you for you destroyed property(just like when one of their deer runs in front of your car )? That'll be the day...

How about just putting up a cheap fence?

May you kill them? The possum police say no, unless you derive more than half you income from your crops(I don't know if Marijuana qualifies as a crop). I know oddly that, hay doesn't as a neighbor was prosecuted for that one, and he actually lived off his farm.

Hay is considered a cash crop if he is selling it and it meets the financial limits in title 34

I am not a lawyer, no do I pretend to be one.
    The limits for crop damage is spelled out in title 34. There are cheap ways to protect your garden.
    Too often we enjoy the comfort of opinion, without the discomfort of thought.

John F Kennedy.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCO,R.W.J View Post
    What is a LCO? No such title in the PGC.

I was mistaken in the title, "LMO" would be the proper one. It happened over 15 years ago, I was close friends of the family when I was in high school.

(Mercer County)

Here are you anyway that you see rabbits? I saw rabbit tracks once last winter, about 2 miles from home in the middle of of an awful quagmire. I was excited.

Foxes, Yotes, Bald Eagles, Hawks, Owls... yeah we got those. I am watching a hawk watch my garden right now(Buteo jamaicensis). Maybe I could box him up and ship him to you. Only if our resident WCO says it is OK though

I didn't see anything in title 34 or the USPS rules about mailing a hawk. Maybe that would fall under federal purview(migratory bird)?

(Chester County)

I can't believe some of the posts on this thread......I mean I understand why people are talking about contacting the PGC( don't want to offend the moderators), and whatnot, but come on, how many of you are actually practicing what you preach? Give me a break, who is going to go to all the trouble of contacting the PGC over a stupid rabbit laying waste to a garden, then wait for a reply that may take days or may not come at all? I really have a hard time believing most of these people are going to go to all the trouble to contact the PGC when I think most would simply take care of the problem on their own. Yet they make it appear here as though they are taking the high road, when in reality they're not.
    Last edited by Poonie; May 14th, 2010 at 10:12 AM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by WCO,R.W.J View Post
    How about just putting up a cheap fence?
    I did. And not the cheap one. They dig under it every now and then. I embedded few chainlink pieces into the grounnd in few most vulnerable places. Added some stones, but those little farks still finding their way around. I bought a stinker spray yesterday, so let's see how's that gonna work.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Poonie View Post
    I can't believe some of the posts on this thread......I mean I understand why people are talking about contacting the PGC( don't want to offend the moderators), and whatnot, but come on, how many of you are actually practicing what you preach? Give me a break, who is going to go to all the trouble of contacting the PGC over a stupid rabbit laying waste to a garden, then wait for a reply that may take days or may not come at all? I really have a hard time believing most of these people are going to go to all the trouble to contact the PGC when I think most would simply take care of the problem on their own. Yet they make it appear here as though they are taking the high road, when in reality they're not.
    I think many people take the "tongue-in-cheek" approach...
    III%

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast