Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Default Ted Nugent, NRA & Gun-Control

"Write this down: Gun-free zones are a felon's playground. Ban gun-free zones now. Join the NRA.

Good people don't want the rapist to succeed. We want him dead. We don't want our homes invaded. We want invaders dead. We don't like carjackers. We like them dead. We don't like armed robbers. We like them dead.

We have examined all the evidence we could possibly need to know that calling 911 is a joke unless, of course, the cops bring a dustpan and a mop to clean up the dead monster we just shot while protecting our families.

The choice is clear: Gun control as forced by the Chuck Schumers and Michael Bloombergs of the world is complicit in every violent crime committed. Conversely, gun control a la Ted Nugent is putting the second shot through the same hole as the first shot, where innocent lives are saved and recidivistic maggots come to a screeching halt, felled by the lovely ballet of good over evil we call the "Double Tap Center Mass Boogie." Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys, not so much."

The rest of the story is here:
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...y-gun-control/

Default Re: Ted Nugent, NRA & Gun-Control

Interesting article, nice post.

(Clinton County)

The NRA is having its Meeting in a GUN FREE ZONE. I like Ted. Have gone to hear him speak. Surprised he is not speaking out about having Meeting in a gun free zone. In the speech I attended he said places like that should not be given our Business. But he also said the NRA was far from perfect.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

I heard Uncle Ted on Cam and Company (Sirius Patriot Radio) last week and he was talking how he had to go "naked" when he went to Canada on a recent bow hunting trip. Seems like old Ted had to leave his hardwear behind when he went. He was also talking about how canadian customs asked if his folding knife was a "gravity" knife. Seems a knife that can easily open with the help of gravity is outlawed up there. Incredible!

(Delaware County)

Uncle Ted is a hero of mine!

About NRA convention location. The NRA turned out over 72,000 members for this convention. Largest ever at any convention. There are only 4 to 6 places in the country that can hold this many people. The NRA is going to have to be pretty smart moving forward to plan on dealing with it's success of this many people. This year speeches were moved to a STADIUM so people could have ample seating. I expect more of that in the future also.

Now, let's talk Gun Free Zone? The convention center is private property, the OWNERS have declared their right in having it be gun free. It is their right. It is not the same as a legal location listed in the law library. (School Zone, Court House, Federal building, etc., etc.) Sticking with the slim location choices I mentioned above, the NRA did what they had to do.

Now, you do know there were no metal detectors, right? And I have heard that many people ignored the owners decision and were CCing in the convention.

This convention was a success, and bickering about the rights of a land owner does not help our cause.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post

About NRA convention location. The NRA turned out over 72,000 members for this convention. Largest ever at any convention. There are only 4 to 6 places in the country that can hold this many people. The NRA is going to have to be pretty smart moving forward to plan on dealing with it's success of this many people. This year speeches were moved to a STADIUM so people could have ample seating. I expect more of that in the future also.

Now, let's talk Gun Free Zone? The convention center is private property, the OWNERS have declared their right in having it be gun free. It is their right. It is not the same as a legal location listed in the law library. (School Zone, Court House, Federal building, etc., etc.) Sticking with the slim location choices I mentioned above, the NRA did what they had to do.

Now, you do know there were no metal detectors, right? And I have heard that many people ignored the owners decision and were CCing in the convention.

This convention was a success, and bickering about the rights of a land owner does not help our cause.
    I do not call it Bickering. Sure they want to spread it around. But giving all that money to a private property owner that says NO GUNS. There is no financial reason to change their policy. That does not help our cause.

If I have a major problem with this Policy do not try to demean my view as Bickering. They did it for the money, Period.

I am a member for now. But the local NRA in our area better start showing up to preemtion violation meetings. They send support by word. But who shows up? PAFOA people. I am starting to see why there are so many gun owners that dislike the NRA.

I like Ted alot. But he is not a God. He can be wrong just like the rest of us.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by B2Luv2Hunt View Post
    I do not call it Bickering. Sure they want to spread it around. But giving all that money to a private property owner that says NO GUNS. There is no financial reason to change their policy. That does not help our cause.

If I have a major problem with this Policy do not try to demean my view as Bickering. They did it for the money, Period.

I am a member for now. But the local NRA in our area better start showing up to preemtion violation meetings. They send support by word. But who shows up? PAFOA people. I am starting to see why there are so many gun owners that dislike the NRA.

I like Ted alot. But he is not a God. He can be wrong just like the rest of us.
    Have you contacted the Local NRA rep? How about the FOAC. That is who I rep when fighting, successfully I might add, the Lost and Stolen, ordinances. The NRA is weak in local Grass routes. Maybe YOU can be the man in your area? Do you have the chops to handle it?
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Clinton County)

Have you contacted the Local NRA rep? How about the FOAC. That is who I rep when fighting, successfully I might add, the Lost and Stolen, ordinances. The NRA is weak in local Grass routes. Maybe YOU can be the man in your area? Do you have the chops to handle it?
    There are Local guys. They send support? My father who was a big NRA supporter is not happy with them. We seem to be doing fine with-out them. Just found out from t1m0thy that Mill Hall heard back from their Solicitor and vote tuesday. Now will see if they try to take the credit for getting it changed.
    Last edited by B2Luv2Hunt; May 20th, 2010 at 05:35 PM.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Defender View Post
    He was also talking about how canadian customs asked if his folding knife was a "gravity" knife. Seems a knife that can easily open with the help of gravity is outlawed up there. Incredible!
    Haven't you heard?

There is a stong movent brewing in the liberal left to overturn the laws of physics and replace it with more feel-good legislation before we all fall victim to these diabolical "gravity" knives!

Next year in Pittsburgh. I'll be there! It'll be my first NRA convention.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast