Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Armstrong County)

Default Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund Endorses Rohrer for Governor

Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund Endorses Rohrer for Governor

Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund E-Mail Alert
    8001 Forbes Pl, Suite 102
    Springfield, VA 22151
    http://www.goapvf.org
    May 12, 2010

Dear Friend of the Second Amendment:

Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund is proud to endorse Sam Rohrer for Governor of Pennsylvania.

In a time when politicians in Washington have abused and grossly exceeded their constitutional limits, people at the state level are looking for fighters who are not afraid to rein in the federal government and place it back under the constraints of the U.S. Constitution.

State Representative Sam Rohrer is a long-time leader in the battle against federal intrusion, especially when it concerns the right to keep and bear arms.

Representative Rohrer stood up for gun owners and states' rights with legislation to repeal the 2005 Real ID Act, a law that would have compromised the privacy of gun owners.

"I am deeply concerned about how the rights of law-abiding gun owners will be impacted by the implementation of the REAL ID Act," said Rohrer. "The Second Amendment clearly states that our right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed upon. Thus, it is safe to say that Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, James Madison and the rest of our nation's Founding Fathers would not even consider carrying around a biometric, REAL ID card that would allow the federal government to instantly track their activities and whereabouts.

"Make no mistake about it, REAL ID holds the unmatched potential to violate our Second Amendment liberty as we know it," Rohrer continued. "Whether you're actually buying a firearm or purchasing shells or bullets for hunting, recreational target shooting or self-defense makes no difference. The store will scan your REAL ID card, and your purchase could be permanently registered in the federal government's national driver's license registry. In essence, the federal government could also have the ability to limit the amount of guns and ammunition you're allowed to purchase or own."

Rep. Rohrer also authored and introduced the Tenth Amendment Resolution, which calls for aggressive opposition to the size and growth of federal programs, regulations and mandates from Washington D.C.

"Before there was ever a federal government, there were sovereign individual states. The Constitution very, very clearly recognizes that we are a Republic," said Rohrer.

In Harrisburg, Representative Rohrer has stood up and supported every pro-Second Amendment bill that came up in the State House, including:

* Castle Doctrine legislation, which strengthens existing laws dealing with the use of lethal force for the purpose of self-defense;

* Legislation to allow individuals with a valid Pennsylvania license to carry a firearm to purchase additional guns without the cumbersome, expensive and redundant requirements of subsequent background checks through the Pennsylvania Instant Check System (PICS).

* Legislation that enables law-abiding individuals who can demonstrate evidence of imminent danger to themselves or a member of their family to receive a 90-day temporary emergency license to carry a firearm, allowing sufficient time to apply for a regular license to carry a firearm and undergo the potential 45-day waiting period for a license to carry under current state law; and,

* Legislation calling for Pennsylvania law enforcement agencies, specifically the state police, to discontinue its database of legal handgun purchases. Those records include personal information about gun owners, such as mailing addresses and Social Security numbers. The bill also sets a third-degree felony penalty and a fine up to $5 million for maintaining an illegal gun registry or database.

"Gun owners across this Commonwealth are justifiably outraged any time they are mandated by government to endure a loss of Constitutional freedom and personal security," said Rohrer at a 2007 rally.

"When government is not properly enforcing the laws that already exist to curtail violent crime, it is nothing short of tyranny in the first degree to place additional restrictions on law-abiding citizens whose only desire is to defend their lives, their loved ones and their property."

As a legislator, Rep. Rohrer has stayed true to his personal commitment to the Second Amendment. "My goal as governor," said Rohrer at a recent town hall meeting, "would not be to get guns off the streets, but to get criminals off the streets."

Gun Owners of America is a proud supporter of Sam Rohrer for Governor, and encourages all Pennsylvania gun owners and sportsmen to vote for Sam Rohrer in the May 18 Republican primary.

Please visit http://www.samrohrer.org to learn more about this race.

Sincerely,

Tim Macy
    Vice-Chairman
    FeedBack: https://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.p...ight=edstephan
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3790&dateline=1331561  797An OathKeeper and OC Activist, 1 of the 3%, Ed Stephan

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund Endorses Rohrer for Governor

Now here is a pro-gun organization that is not afraid to take a stand to protect gun rights.
    When NRA members become educated they join GOA. Also jpfo.org one of the best, lesser known pro-gun organizations.

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund Endorses Rohrer for Governor

Quote Originally Posted by wcpastures View Post
    Now here is a pro-gun organization that is not afraid to take a stand to protect gun rights.
    When NRA members become educated they join GOA. Also jpfo.org one of the best, lesser known pro-gun organizations.
    I like to hedge my bets. I am a member of both. No reason not to be.

Both organizations have proven themselves to be effective. In most places their goal overlap, in other places they supplement where one or the other falls short.

I checked out jpfo.org (Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership). I will forward it to a few people I know who might be interested. There are some jews who suspect the NRA of having some hidden anti-Semitic agenda (not true). This organization might be the right match for them.
    Last edited by tsafa; May 13th, 2010 at 01:56 PM.

(Delaware County)

good for the GOA.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsafa View Post
    I like to hedge my bets. I am a member of both. No reason not to be.

Both organizations have proven themselves to be effective. In most places their goal overlap, in other places they supplement where one or the other falls short.

I checked out jpfo.org (Jews for Preservation of Firearms Ownership). I will forward it to a few people I know who might be interested. There are some jews who suspect the NRA of having some hidden anti-Semitic agenda (not true). This organization might be the right match for them.
    jpfo is not just for jews, I am not one. I thought they have a good message, I was not aware of jews suspecting the NRA of having some hidden anti-Semitic agenda. I have my own questions about the NRA by that is another issue. GOA is not as big, but takes a stronger stand, is more concerned about protecting gun rights than being politicaly correct or offending some people.

Thumbs up Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund is proud to endorse Sam Rohrer for Gov.

Dear Friend of the Second Amendment:

Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund is proud to endorse Sam Rohrer for Governor of Pennsylvania.

In a time when politicians in Washington have abused and grossly exceeded their constitutional limits, people at the state level are looking for fighters who are not afraid to rein in the federal government and place it back under the constraints of the U.S. Constitution.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Gun Owners of America Political Victory Fund is proud to endorse Sam Rohrer for G

Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by wcpastures View Post
    jpfo is not just for jews, I am not one. I thought they have a good message, I was not aware of jews suspecting the NRA of having some hidden anti-Semitic agenda. I have my own questions about the NRA by that is another issue. GOA is not as big, but takes a stronger stand, is more concerned about protecting gun rights than being politicaly correct or offending some people.
    The anti-gunners spread all sort of garbage about the NRA. I am glad you told me anyone can join JPFP. Like I said, I like to hedge my bets and have as many groups working in my favor as possible.

(Mercer County)

GOA also has this helpful page where you put in your address and gives you a list of the local candidates for your area with links to their websites. Hopefully you have already researched them.

http://gunowners.capwiz.com/election/my_races

It also lists Specter campaign contributions, long list, Wal Mart, PHARMACEUTICAL RESEARCH and many others. I will try to not support these, but wow that is a long list!

VERY INTERESTING