Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Thumbs down Classic Arms Camp Hill, PA ..... just plain bad

47.50 to do a pistol transfer... WTF!!!
    Last edited by lilb93; May 14th, 2010 at 10:14 AM.

(Berks County)

Default Re: Classic Arms Camp Hill, PA BAD VERY VERY BAD

Quote Originally Posted by lilb93 View Post

Sounds like a deterent ! I remember a place that charged $50.00 to do a private transfer. The owner said that it took him away from more important things like selling guns and accessories.

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Classic Arms Camp Hill, PA BAD VERY VERY BAD

that's why I get all my guns from aaa in colmar 215 997 8010, I might be wrong but I don't think I have been charged to transfer.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by lilb93 View Post
    That's it?

That's all you have to say after that damning thread title?

Did you pay it?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cobaltss View Post
    Sounds like a deterent ! I remember a place that charged $50.00 to do a private transfer. The owner said that it took him away from more important things like selling guns and accessories.
    Is it the guy at the top of town? I believe he charges 50bucks.

(Carbon County)

Default to bad mouth just based on one thing tisk tisk

Classic Firearms is the finest shop in this area. Their collection and museum have some of the best firearms in the area. The owner does not believe in the internet philosophy or the idea of cheaping the value of his store. He is just trying to profile his clients. It is an unfortunate that so many places provide cheaper prices but not the service nor knowledge that is provided here. He currently has a very nice selection of shotguns from Max Hempts' estate. All firearms that are sold here are thoroughly cleaned and check by the onsite gunsmith.
    Last edited by jeeves; May 12th, 2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: change of title
    Advice: Shoot Straight and Shoot Often
    Favorite Weapon: Sig Sauer EL220
    Other Interests: Billiards

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: to bad mouth just based on one thing tisk tisk

Quote Originally Posted by jeeves View Post
    Classic Firearms is the finest shop in this area. Their collection and museum have some of the best firearms in the area. The owner does not believe in the internet philosophy or the idea of cheaping the value of his store. He is just trying to profile his clients. It is an unfortunate that so many places provide cheaper prices but not the service nor knowledge that is provided here. He currently has a very nice selection of shotguns from Max Hempts' estate. All firearms that are sold here are thoroughly cleaned and check by the onsite gunsmith.
    This reads like a cheap TV commercial.

Initially you use the word "their" (implying that you are not connected to this shop), and later you use the word "here" (which suggests that you are the owner or an employee). Which is it?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Carbon County)

Default Empty Mag understood

I am am just a customer of their's that is all. They are just a store which in the past provided me with knowledge and education to make the best decisions when purchasing firearms. It is true that all this thread is a notification that the transfer price is higher than what most people accept. However to berate a business based upon one decision is not a proper nor acceptable way to rate a business. Yes his prices are higher than the internet and most of the big box stores but where does one get the education and training to make a purchase other than at a small shop. The big stores and surely the internet are just going to sell you a product. I have been to several local firearm stores and none of them have the knowledge that is contained at Classic and through the training and education I recieved at this establishement. At those big boxes I have seen firearms with problems and or customer with questions and through my education at Classic I have been able to show the big box employees a way to fix and educate the customer as another customer. Fundamentals, was my teacher and now friend that taught me many of the things neccessary to make a good purchase at Classic. He also has a history with may lend fire to your arguement but also he is a former officer in a local township with a supreme knowledge of firearms and experience, that knowledge and friendly attitude was provided to me when I purchased 85% of my 45 to60 firearms from Classic in the past 15 years. So I would talk with him in a PM to get more of a inside approach. Now the other employees at Classic are also former law enforcement and educators as well. The gunsmith has been recently hamstrung, by insurance to only work on their guns, but his knowledge in long distance shooting is as good as it gets with people I have met through Classic. The other employee is very active with SASS and is retired law enforcement. To make blind calls to find the cheapest place for a transfer is the way business is done in today society that however does not let get to know a business or business to know them and what they as a customer needs or may need. Weather that need is instruction on disassembly or a guidence given on what the needs are and why a purchase is of firearm is neccessary is all important, and will not be found on the internet or at a gun show or big box where the mold of business is volume. Please take a visit of this small shop and even if you don't make a purchase you will see that value of the business is critical to our freedoms and wishes for the future.
    Advice: Shoot Straight and Shoot Often
    Favorite Weapon: Sig Sauer EL220
    Other Interests: Billiards

(Montgomery County)

Talking Re: Classic Arms Camp Hill, PA BAD VERY VERY BAD

what are the rates for the on site gunsmith?

(Schuylkill County)

i didn't shop classic arms for the knowledge and joy that shopping there would bring into my life.... i just needed a pistol transfered....
    It just sucks that there isn't a nice mom and pop store in that area wanting some business and a CUSTOMER..

and i dont care how much you talk the place up it still charges a HIGH price Def. not the friendly place that one "advertises"

and HELL no i didn't pay that...

what i did do will be another thread of bashing but the place is already bashed to death on here...

I'm so glad i live near cabelas and a few other local gun shops that will do any thing you want (send , recieve, ship special order) and not have to rape me and call it "knowledge and friendly service comes at a price"

next time i will have to do any transfers in my area due to "cost of knowledge" some gun shops charge on top of the transfer fee.....
    Last edited by lilb93; May 13th, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast