Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Mercer County)

Default Should FOAC endorse Tom Corbett on their guide? Is he pro or anti-gun?

Ok I am starting this new thread so that the title is not slanderous to FOAC

Please refer to the last few pages of: “Firearm Owners Against Crime- Biased BS!!”
    http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...biased-bs.html

This thread will also be focusing on Tom Corbett rather than Paul Kanjorski

Anyone choosing to post on this thread, please:

1)question issues or procedures in selecting candidates on the FOAC voter's guide, making a case backed by references as to why or why not Tom Corbett should be endorsed on the guide while NOT making unwarranted attacks against FOAC or their staff.

2)Have at least a basic understanding of the subject matter. Please refer to the following threads BEFORE posting here:

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...amendment.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...-database.html

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ns-option.html
    (I know this one is bloated but at least scan it)

and of course: http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...biased-bs.html
    (the last few pages)

I will start out by giving a brief rundown of my experience with FOAC so far.
    I had been using and passing out there guides the last few elections.
    I emailed Kim prior to the April meeting and the issuing of their voters guide and inquired as to who they would be endorsing for governor knowing that Sam Rohrer was a strong supporter of the 2nd Amendment, as well as the rest of the Constitution. I also stated my concerns with Tom Corbett and referenced his actions or lack thereof concerning the PSP database and his involvement with Fumo, a convicted criminal, in the Philly Gun Task Force. His response was that all pro-gun candidates would be listed on the guide and suggested I attend the upcoming meeting at which Corbett would be present and ask him about my concerns with his record myself. I accepted the invitation and attended the meeting here is an account of some of what went on (any of those present at the meeting please correct me if this is inaccurate:

The meeting began with Kim announcing that there may be some Anarchists attending todays meeting and that any disruption would not be tolerated. He reminded those in attendance of the security officer at the back of the room. (I didn't quite understand the need for security when there was already a roomful of law abiding gun-owners present, many OC and who knows how many more CC, anyway I digress) I thought, why would he be making such an announcement, does he think that I am an Anarchist? I am not anti-government, although I am anti-corrupt-government!
    As Mr. Corbett began to speak, his position became quite clear. I was dumbfounded as he openly admitted to being involved with former senator Fumo, now in prison convicted on 137 counts of public corruption! He went on to explain how he seized 800 weapons in the Philly Gun Task Force including warrant-less searches and seizures! Does he really think the answer is to take guns off the streets? How about focusing that same time, money, and effort in taking criminals off the streets. CRIMINALS KILL PEOPLE NOT GUNS! I think most of us understand this yet I could hardly believe that he was making an argument for gun control, and the FOAC was about to list him as a pro-gun candidate on their voter's guide.

My frustration with Mr. Corbett's presentation increased during the questioning period. The first question came from a member who was wondering why Mr. Corbett had not responded to his concerns on problems with the instant check system. He deferred the blame for overlooking this issue to his secretary as the member handed him a stack of papers of all his correspondences. He had obviously put a lot of time and effort into this only to be ignored, yet he said he “looked forward to seeing him as governor.” Now if our concerns are falling on deaf ears as Attorney General, how can we expect him to pay any more attention as governor.

The best question of the entire meeting came from a gentleman just in front of me who asked Mr. Corbett whether he would use the National Guard to confiscate guns if times got tough and there was civil disobedience. Mr. Corbett never even answered the question. He belittled the man's concern and called it a “doomsday question” and said that it would never happen.

Have we already forgotten this:

The number of questions allowed at the end of the meeting was limited, although I had my hand up I was not called upon so I finally blurted out my question (my question starts at 2:32 but please watch the rest of the video as well)

Last edited by wcpastures; May 12th, 2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: per Emptymag's request

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Should FOAC endorse Tom Corbett on their guide? Is he pro or anti-gun?

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Berks County)

Default Re: Should FOAC endorse Tom Corbett on their guide? Is he pro or anti-gun?

OK. We get it, you don't like Corbett.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    OK. We get it, you don't like Corbett.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said!!

Kim doesn't know everyone. Kim only list those who answer the 45 question FOAC questionnaire.
    Tom Corbett will probably win the Governors seat. And I love Sam.
    It is my hope that all that vote for Sam, come on board with Tom after Sam loses in the Primary.
    NRA Training Counselor, Chief Range Safety Officer, NRA Benefactor Member

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dannytheman View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said!!

Kim doesn't know everyone. Kim only list those who answer the 45 question FOAC questionnaire.
    Tom Corbett will probably win the Governors seat. And I love Sam.
    It is my hope that all that vote for Sam, come on board with Tom after Sam loses in the Primary.
    Unfortunately, with the GOP backing and support, he probably will. Of course I would vote for him in the general if he won the primary, considering he would still be 10 times better than anything else being offered.
    III%

(Allegheny County)

Do I lock this thread now or later?

Seriously though, with all the "requirements" for posting here, why even start this thread? It seems that you expect everyone to read several other threads simply to be qualified to start commenting (arguing) in yet another thread on what is likely the same topic.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(York County)

IBTL
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Do I lock this thread now or later?

Seriously though, with all the "requirements" for posting here, why even start this thread? It seems that you expect everyone to read several other threads simply to be qualified to start commenting (arguing) in yet another thread on what is likely the same topic.
    you want to bring the ban hammer out while your bringing out the pad lock
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Bucks County)

Click below

Last edited by thefirstndsecond; June 8th, 2010 at 08:36 AM.

(Northampton County)

I'm done with RINOs. I'll either not cast a vote for governor or vote for the Dem if Corbett wins the primary. No more Specters (I'm glad he switched parties) or McCains The Republicans need to run real conservatives. I'm really tired of voting for the lessor of 2 evils.

The more I think about it.....I'm glad McCain didn't win the White House. Obama being elected started the tea party movement & got conservatives really active. As a result of this.....I think the Dems will take a severe beating in the mid term elections. I also feel Obama's victory had something to do with Ted Kennedy's seat going to a Republican & NJ electing a Rep governor.

As for electing conservatives......I like to think PA can get farther right than NJ or Mass.
    Last edited by reverserboy; May 12th, 2010 at 04:55 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast