Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cherry Tree, Pennsylvania
    (Indiana County)
    Age
    71
    Posts
    5,406
    Rep Power
    21474854

    Default Campaign Posters

    Driving around today, the sight of all those campaign posters stuck in the ground next to numerous roadways gave me a thought.

    The day after election day, do your civic duty and clean up the countryside.

    Then print up some targets and glue them to the stick-in-the-ground posters.

    The next time you need targets somewhere, you'll have them.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ashland, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Age
    51
    Posts
    705
    Rep Power
    15485

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    You're a genius! Love it.

    Since you're supossed to shoot at stuff that looks like people, the one with pictures (do they still have those) would be at a premium.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Welfaristan., Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    16119364

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    WOW!!!

    What an IDea

    and here I was gonna go around slicing all those arlen spectre signs in half.



    That's alot of targets for the range. Hit em with some white paint, draw a big black dot and you're in business.

    Time to get crackin'





    ON Another note.


    HOW IS THIS NOT LITTERING????

    If I throw a hunk of big paper or plastic on the side of the road I'd be paying out the ass for it. But attach some douchebags name to it and It's OK.



    Should make some Fake Signs....

    "Bob Backlund for President"

    " Bib Fortuna for General Assembly"
    Last edited by Stooperzero; May 11th, 2010 at 08:04 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Center Ice, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,790
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    We used to hang some cans off of the metal frames and shoot at them. Always makes for a cheap, easy target.
    III%

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,077
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Driving around today, the sight of all those campaign posters stuck in the ground next to numerous roadways gave me a thought.

    The day after election day, do your civic duty and clean up the countryside.

    Then print up some targets and glue them to the stick-in-the-ground posters.

    The next time you need targets somewhere, you'll have them.
    Those signs are property of the candidate. Taking them without permission can lead to theft charges if caught, just like before the election. As someone who has placed signs for a candidate, it is my responsibility to collect them and return them to the candidate after the election, or hang on to them until they can be used for the general election in November if they win the primary.

    If signs are still around weeks or months later, it's still a crime to take them, but forgotten or "abandoned" signs are less likely to get you in trouble.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Welfaristan., Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    16119364

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    I don't think Obama Campaign members Re-collected their signs . They couldn't find them.




    Those signs are property of the candidate. Taking them without permission can lead to theft charges if caught

    So IF I put my Name on a Trash bag full of my trash alongside the road it's Legit???? and If you steal it , it's Theft???

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,077
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by DonSmithnotTMD View Post
    Since you're supossed to shoot at stuff that looks like people,
    According to who? Human silhouette targets are just about the only thing I shoot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    WOW!!!

    and here I was gonna go around slicing all those arlen spectre signs in half.
    Also a crime.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    HOW IS THIS NOT LITTERING????

    If I throw a hunk of big paper or plastic on the side of the road I'd be paying out the ass for it. But attach some douchebags name to it and It's OK.
    The signs are placed by the campaign and volunteers, not "thrown on the side of the road". They may only be displayed 30 days prior to the election, and may be placed on public property without asking for permission. They should also be removed promptly after the election, by the person who placed them, and returned to the candidate, as they are his/her property

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Welfaristan., Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,568
    Rep Power
    16119364

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    So 30 Days after the Elections are over they're considered "Abandoned" ???

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Center Ice, Pennsylvania
    (Schuylkill County)
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,790
    Rep Power
    21474849

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    The signs are placed by the campaign and volunteers, not "thrown on the side of the road". They may only be displayed 30 days prior to the election, and may be placed on public property without asking for permission. They should also be removed promptly after the election, by the person who placed them, and returned to the candidate, as they are his/her property
    How do we get the signs back to the campaign? I don't want to drive all around tarnation trying to return them.

    I'm asking seriously because this is the first year I've really been involved, and putting out signs...
    III%

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,077
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Campaign Posters

    Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    So 30 Days after the Elections are over they're considered "Abandoned" ???
    I don't know any legal stipulation on time frame to take signs down, though for the winners, I'm assuming there are similar regulations for the general election, so they would need to come down so that they would only be up for the next election for the designated period.

    Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    How do we get the signs back to the campaign? I don't want to drive all around tarnation trying to return them.

    I'm asking seriously because this is the first year I've really been involved, and putting out signs...
    This is something that you'll have to work out with each campaign. I picked mine up at the local Republican headquarters while the candidate was in for a speech. Some may want them returned to the party headquarters so they can pick them up in bulk, or may have someone come pick them up. If you're geographically close to a particular candidate, you might be able to drop them off yourself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gun Posters
    By NWPA shooter in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: December 10th, 2009, 04:15 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: May 17th, 2009, 06:11 PM
  3. Military Motivational Posters
    By ColoradoPatriot in forum General
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: April 29th, 2009, 12:05 PM
  4. WWI Posters
    By rev214 in forum General
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: April 25th, 2008, 10:52 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops