I just received my new IOR 3x18 Illuminated scope yesterday. My initial impression was Wow what a great scope. I owned an IOR 2.5x10 scope, but this one was so much better. First thing I noticed was that it has a center dot versus the cross hair on the standard MP8 reticle. I feel that the dot will help the shooter find his/her target much faster. The illumination knob was easy to turn and the illumination was not blurry on the cheaper illuminated scopes that I have looked through.

The scope came with rings because IOR supplies rings for 35mm scopes. I am used to owning 30mm tubed scopes, but this 35mm scope is huge. I selected medium sized rings to go along with the scope. The scope was simple to mount onto my Remington 5R.

I took my rifle to my gun club this afternoon. The conditions at the range was very windy...at times winds were over 25mph as it blew my targets off the target stands.

It only took 3 shots at 50 yards to sight in the scope. I tested the scope at 100 yards and made the final adjustments. For fun, my friend found some tacks, so he placed them on my target. I was able to shoot all three tacks. I was impressed with my new scope and my rifle. Ammunition was handloaded 178gr A max bullets.

I have been debating on which scope to buy and I choose IOR because of the glass quality and the price compared to other high end optics. I was seriously considering spending $2,000+ on optics. I am glad I went with the IOR. Sure the S&B and USO scopes are the best of the best, but for my shooting needs...the IOR works just fine.

I found this incredible guy in CO that offered the lowest prices on IOR optics. If anyone is interested in buying a scope, I would highly recommend getting into contact with him. All interested parties can PM me and I will pass along his contact information.

Final note is that the reason why I sighted in my rifle with strong winds was I am going groung hog hunting at the farm tomorrow. I wanted to use my new scope, so I had no other choice than to sight in the rifle this evening. I cannot wait to get to the fields in a few hours.