Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Win 1300 defender upgrades

Greetings all. Newbie question as shotguns arent my thing.

I pulled my old Winchester 1300 Defender outta his resting place. I want to start shooting this bad boy as I just found out my local indoor ranges allows shotguns. I have fired maybe 3 rounds out of it since the day i bought it. I want a pistol grip type of grip, so do I go with an ATI top folding stock type or just get the Knoxx Recoil stock? Main purpose of this gun is SHTF and HD. Will use 00buck, #4buck, and have to find some rifled slugs to use.

Thanks

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Win 1300 defender upgrades

I have wanted to try the Knoxx stock, but some have complained about how it moves with recoil.
    If you want to shoot heavy loads, a light weight stock will not feel good on your shoulder.

(Monroe County)

I have an ATI top folding stock on a Mossberg 500. I put it on just to have something different on as range toy that could be used in a defensive situation as needed. Personally on my home defense shotgun (which is a Winchester 1300) I only have a buttstock shell holder and the hi-viz front site. I am looking at possible switching the buttstock over to a speedfeed stock but am not set on it. This works for me and for SHTF I would just add my sling and carry a pouch of extra buckshot. I prefer the KISS methods for these situations.

I do not have any personal experience with the Knoxx stocks but from what I have heard is "if" they work for you they are excellant. Some people report problems with the lining up of their sights after installing them and others have told me they do not like the movement in the stock. This is all a matter of preference and they are popular so I would assume it's a good product. Let us know what you choose.

(Chester County)

Thank you for your replies. I went with the ATI top folding stock. Going to install it and go test it out tomorrow.