Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Shotgun light?

Hybrid View

(Westmoreland County)

Default Shotgun light?

My friend is looking for a flashlight and mount for a mossberg 500 can anyone offer advice on the best option? because so many options are out there i am not sure which ones are reliable or not?

thanks for the advice

Default Re: Shotgun light?

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff4570 View Post
    My friend is looking for a flashlight and mount for a mossberg 500 can anyone offer advice on the best option? because so many options are out there i am not sure which ones are reliable or not?

thanks for the advice
    If you don't mind the expense, Surefire makes a complete light system that replaces the fore end on your shotgun, but they are not cheap. Sometimes more money than the cost of the shotgun. I decided it was worth it as my 870 is dedicated to HD, not hunting.

Surefire

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mastiff4570 View Post

thanks for the advice
    Best option is undoubtedly the Surefire weapon lights.

Nothing else really comes close.

(Bucks County)

I bought a remington 870 and wanted to add a flashlight without spending a lot of money, so I drilled holes in the fore end and attached a short length of weaver rail, then used a scope ring to attach a streamlight polytac LED light. The whole thing cost me less than 60 bucks and now I have a kick ass, VERY bright light setup that looks and works great!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I drilled holes in the fore end and attached a short length of weaver rail, then used a scope ring to attach a streamlight polytac LED light.
    Could you post some pics of your work?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I bought a remington 870 and wanted to add a flashlight without spending a lot of money, so I drilled holes in the fore end and attached a short length of weaver rail, then used a scope ring to attach a streamlight polytac LED light. The whole thing cost me less than 60 bucks and now I have a kick ass, VERY bright light setup that looks and works great!
    This is where its at. That POLYTAC LED is a great weapon light for the money (less than $40 if you look around). I put one on my 870 SBS, but I also have the streamlight mount. I also plan to add a piece of rail to my M500 forend.
    Adams County Sport Handgunners Association - President

i have researched the crap out of this.

your best bet for the money is NOT the surefire.

THIS is the best affordable option for a mossberg 500 light mount. the reviews are outstanding wherever you find them: http://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-Shot.../dp/B000VUWSAY
    it even works if you have the silly heatguard (which i do).

i would then go to amazon and purchase a fenix pd30 LED light with a tactical switch. these make excellent weapon lights and fenix makes the best light for the money these days (i have their 2AA ld20, which at 210 lumens is brigher than most CR123 lights, though isn't a good diameter for weapon mounting). alternatively purchase some other LED light if you want a pressure switch.

to mount the light to the tri rail, use a good scope ring. you still have two additional rails left too, in case you want a laser or some other accessory too.

(Erie County)

Find someone in your area who handles the inforce line of lights and accesories and check them out. I recently purchased a 200 lumen unit with the railmount attachment for my 887 tactical and have been satisfied with the quality and performance of thier products.

(York County)

I've been looking around myself and even though I love my Surefire 6P's, just not crazy about the forend setup for the 870.

I'm considering this complete shotgun set up, due to some of the reviews I have read and a view of this light @ night compared to others;

http://www.elzetta.com/zsmFAQ.htm
    You never see a motorcycle parked ouside a psychiatrist's office!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueGunGuy View Post
    i have researched the crap out of this.

your best bet for the money is NOT the surefire.

THIS is the best affordable option for a mossberg 500 light mount. the reviews are outstanding wherever you find them: http://www.amazon.com/LaserLyte-Shot.../dp/B000VUWSAY
    it even works if you have the silly heatguard (which i do).

i would then go to amazon and purchase a fenix pd30 LED light with a tactical switch. these make excellent weapon lights and fenix makes the best light for the money these days (i have their 2AA ld20, which at 210 lumens is brigher than most CR123 lights, though isn't a good diameter for weapon mounting). alternatively purchase some other LED light if you want a pressure switch.

to mount the light to the tri rail, use a good scope ring. you still have two additional rails left too, in case you want a laser or some other accessory too.
    this guy is right. i ordered one of those. you can mount a light and a laser on it. the laser comes in handy when you have a pistol grip shotty with no buttstock