Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default I will give someone $100 toward a carbine class

Okay, here's the deal. The Fire Institute is having a carbine class May 22, 23 and 24. Saturday, Sunday and Monday. At PMSC in Pittsburgh, PA.

The class needs one more person or the class will be canceled. I do not want the class to cancel because I don't know the next time I’ll have free time to take a class.

So, here is my offer. If you are a poster here at PAFOa since January 2010 or earlier and have 100 or more posts I’ll give you a chance at winning $100 towards your tuition.

Read about the class and requirements here.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/training-cour...l-carbine.html

Here is how this will work. Post here (only if you can attend + meet the requirements). I'll take down all the post numbers, put them in a hat and select one. But remember, only post if you can make it there and meet the requirements. I don't want to weed through 50 posts to get to someone that wants to go.

I will run this offer from now until this Tuesday 5/11 at 10pm. You will need to mail your payment to the Fire Institute (and call them to let them know the check is on the way) on Wednesday 5/12 so that it gets there by Friday 5/14.

This offer is only for new students. Anyone already signed up for the class is SOL. because we need an 8th person.

I can either send the check for $100 to the Fire Institute on your behalf or give you $100 cash on the first day of class.

Remember, only post if you can make it there and meet the requirements.

Should PeteG or TonyF post that they have an 8th person, prior to anyone posting here, I will end the offer early.

Disclaimer #1 - I will not be responsible for you if somehow you hurt yourself during class or on the way there or home. So, I take no responsibility for your well being. I'm only offering $100 toward the class (because I know times are tight) I’m not interested in being your guardian. So, I accept no liability for any of your misfortune before, during, or after class..

Disclaimer #2 - This offer is only for the Carbine class in May with The Fire Institute.

Disclaimer #3 - I have no affiliation with the Fire Institute or PMSC. I'm just doing this because I’m a nice guy that wants to take a class.

Mods, if this isn't the place for this, move it where you think it fits. There were no mods listed on the site at the time of this posting, so, i couldn't pm you to ask "permission". Oh, even mods can post - this is open to you guys too. I think you all have been here since 1/10 and have over 100 posts .

Good luck to all!!!

EDIT 1 - to answer questions

eXcelon, so I don't muddy up the thread numbers I’ll edit my original post.

I did let Pete know that I was considering this to gain interest. If he is not okay with accepting dual payments, I’ll overnight a money order to the winner so they can deposit it into their account and make full payment themselves. However, whoever wins, better really use the money for the class and not rip me off.

EDIT - in the running so far

Post #2 eXceLon
    Solscud007 - it was brought to my attention that you do not have 100 posts - sorry dude - rules are rules.
    Last edited by Guns4Fun; May 10th, 2010 at 08:28 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: I will give someone $100 toward a carbine class

$295 for that class would be a steal. I'll commit to it.
    Last edited by eXceLon; May 9th, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Allegheny County)

I just spoke with Pete over the phone. I'm taking the class. Just need to fill out the enrollment form and send a check.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    I did let Pete know that I was considering this to gain interest. If he is not okay with accepting dual payments, I’ll overnight a money order to the winner so they can deposit it into their account and make full payment themselves. However, whoever wins, better really use the money for the class and not rip me off.
    Let's make this easy.

Whoever wins, just write on the application form that your are Guns4Fun's adopted child. He and the FIRE Institute will square up on the day of the training.

Keep in mind that we have people switching all over the place just now. Do not assume the course is full unless you see something with my name on it that says so. For example: Solscud007 originally wanted the Basic Tactical Pistol course, which was full, so he went to carbine. Now a slot opened up in the pistol course, and he has dibs. If he switches back, the No. 8 slot in carbine remains open. (We will take up to 12, so it's not a question of the course closing.)

This is why we don't count anything until it is recieved in our offices, and a check or money order is included.

This is, of course, very generous of Guns4Fun. I cannot imagine that anyone who is actually interested in training (as opposed to talking about training) will not take him up on this.
    Last edited by PeteG; May 10th, 2010 at 04:40 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Pete. after careful consideration and reading your comments in the tactical carbine thread. I will take the carbine class. plus it helps people more.

I will most likely not take the tactics 1 class that i mentioned but save up for Randy Cain's course that Shawn has given his personal recommendation.

So one way or the other i will get money to you.

I need to sell a gun. worst case, I will sell my GSG-5 22LR to Ace sporting. they quoted me $315 and I can cough up the rest.

(Allegheny County)

I'm still willing to take Guns4Fun up on his offer, should something fall through and another person be needed again. Just let me know.

For the time being I'm going to work off the assumption that Solscud007 is going to follow through on enrolling in full on his own.
    "There are four boxes to use in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo. Use in that order."

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by eXceLon View Post
    I'm still willing to take Guns4Fun up on his offer, should something fall through and another person be needed again. Just let me know.

For the time being I'm going to work off the assumption that Solscud007 is going to follow through on enrolling in full on his own.
    I'm breaking my own rule of not posting since everyone else is / has.

eXceLon, i'm a man of my word. The rules clearly stated that i would only end this early if we got an 8th before someone posted in this thread.

That did not happen. You posted before an 8th was annonced. So, i am not ending this early. You are in the running. We'll see with whom by 10pm tomorrow night.

(Allegheny County)

Wait am I not in the drawing?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Pete. after careful consideration and reading your comments in the tactical carbine thread. I will take the carbine class. plus it helps people more.

I will most likely not take the tactics 1 class that i mentioned but save up for Randy Cain's course that Shawn has given his personal recommendation.

So one way or the other i will get money to you.

I need to sell a gun. worst case, I will sell my GSG-5 22LR to Ace sporting. they quoted me $315 and I can cough up the rest.
    As I said, gentlemen, nothing is real until the paperwork is here.

Peter

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    So, here is my offer. If you are a poster here at PAFOa since January 2010 or earlier and have 100 or more posts I’ll give you a chance at winning $100 towards your tuition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Solscud007 View Post
    Wait am I not in the drawing?
    i only see 68 posts below your name. think that could be a reason?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast