Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Monongahela, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Age
    29
    Posts
    259
    Rep Power
    222638

    Default Washington County Parks in violation of 6120

    So, I was taking a stroll through Mingo Park the other day, and I decided to stop and look at the park rules.

    At the very bottom was this message

    Possession or discharge of any firearm, bow and arrow, or any other deadly weapon prohibited.

    Who do I write to and what do I do to get his fixed. This needs to be changed soon, especially since Westmoreland County recently started to change this violation.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finleyville, Pennsylvania
    (Washington County)
    Posts
    2,204
    Rep Power
    36496

    Default Re: Washington County Parks in violation of 6120

    Courthouse Square100 West Beau Street
    Suite 101
    Washington, PA 15301
    Primary Phone: 724-228-6867



    Jeffrey J. Donahue
    Superintendent of Recreation
    Primary Phone: 724-228-6867

    Kevin Garrison
    Superintendent of Parks
    Primary Phone: 724-258-2958

    http://www.co.washington.pa.us/maind...px?menuDept=21

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Washington County Parks in violation of 6120

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Courthouse Square100 West Beau Street
    Suite 101
    Washington, PA 15301
    Primary Phone: 724-228-6867



    Jeffrey J. Donahue
    Superintendent of Recreation
    Primary Phone: 724-228-6867

    Kevin Garrison
    Superintendent of Parks
    Primary Phone: 724-258-2958

    http://www.co.washington.pa.us/maind...px?menuDept=21
    It is not likely that either of those individuals can actually set or change policy. You will probably need to address the County Commissioners and have them modify whatever ordinance regulates the area and includes the unlawful prohibition.
    Attention NRA Life and voting members - LPRGCFRANK running for NRA board of directors

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,984
    Rep Power
    1650216

    Default Re: Washington County Parks in violation of 6120

    you could also go to one of the township meetings and bring it up there when they ask for public questions/comments/concerns. that's how we brought up 1 of the park violations here in Delaware County.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
    (Franklin County)
    Age
    48
    Posts
    11,139
    Rep Power
    21474860

    Default Re: Washington County Parks in violation of 6120

    Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    you could also go to one of the township meetings and bring it up there when they ask for public questions/comments/concerns. that's how we brought up 1 of the park violations here in Delaware County.
    If the prohibition was put in place by the county, a board of township supervisors will not have the authority to take any action. The body that enacted any measure is the one that must make the changes, so finding out who controls the park in question is key.
    Attention NRA Life and voting members - LPRGCFRANK running for NRA board of directors

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lansdowne, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,984
    Rep Power
    1650216

    Default Re: Washington County Parks in violation of 6120

    Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    If the prohibition was put in place by the county, a board of township supervisors will not have the authority to take any action. The body that enacted any measure is the one that must make the changes, so finding out who controls the park in question is key.
    didn't notice it was a county issue until I reread the OP.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

Similar Threads

  1. Chester County Parks in Violation of the UFA
    By West Chester in forum Chester
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: February 27th, 2015, 06:27 PM
  2. Dauphin County Parks - Preemption Violation
    By HBGMarine in forum General
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: January 10th, 2011, 10:59 PM
  3. Replies: 275
    Last Post: October 12th, 2010, 04:28 PM
  4. Westmoreland County Parks in violation of 6120, UPDATE PAGE 6
    By renegadephoenix in forum Concealed & Open Carry
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: April 28th, 2010, 11:09 PM
  5. Lackawanna county parks preemption violation.
    By jahwarrior72 in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: March 12th, 2010, 12:39 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops