Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Hollow-point NO GOOD FOR CONCEAL?

Thank you for all the good advice and information on this topic, ive switched to only carrying HPs, although i dont really carry anymore right now due to a ccw defficiency..lol..

(Northampton County)

ca2pa,

I also carry the G19, and I love it for CC. It in no way is underpowered with the right shot in it, and I don't know what THAI keeps talking about but a 9mm with Corbon or Federal hydrasock in it, WILL KILL YOU. I would not want to get hit with it.

Good carry choice, and keep a good mag of hydroshock hollowpoint in there, and you have all of the stopping power you will want in a CC. I love the combo
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by bradjc72 View Post
    ca2pa,

I also carry the G19, and I love it for CC. It in no way is underpowered with the right shot in it, and I don't know what THAI keeps talking about but a 9mm with Corbon or Federal hydrasock in it, WILL KILL YOU. I would not want to get hit with it.

Good carry choice, and keep a good mag of hydroshock hollowpoint in there, and you have all of the stopping power you will want in a CC. I love the combo
    yea i think plenty if not all of us agree he/she is INCORRECT!! and i definately wouldnt want to get hit with that.sheeez not even with a bb, it hurts!! lol

(Northampton County)

Yea, growing up, my friends and I always had the daisy rifles (bb guns) and we would run around the corn fields behind our houses, and shoot at corn stalks, birds, whatever. Well, in once instance, my one friend thought I must have been a rat or something because he shot me right above my sock on my lower leg, and holy cow!!! did that hurt. Didnt break the skin but I had a red lump on my leg for about a week and a half.

It DOES hurt. But I think your right, most people would agree with us with the whole 9mm thing. plenty of power with the right shot.
    "Our government has no power except that granted it by the people."

President Ronald Reagan

(Berks County)

I swear by the .357 mag, with a factory loaded 140gr. JHP.
    CZ75 P-01 & Colt AR-15 6920

Smile Re: Hollow-point NO GOOD FOR CONCEAL?

[I]hollow point ammo in a nine is a man stopper that will only stop the man you are shooting at. and not the little kid standing behind him. hopefully. as for the troops, well they deserve any kind of round they want. i carried a 38 revolver on three tours in the nam. along with my issue weapon but that was my choice. easy to hidel not very heavy..

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by johnsr View Post
    [I]hollow point ammo in a nine is a man stopper that will only stop the man you are shooting at. and not the little kid standing behind him. hopefully. as for the troops, well they deserve any kind of round they want. i carried a 38 revolver on three tours in the nam. along with my issue weapon but that was my choice. easy to hidel not very heavy..
    dude, major necropost.

welcome to the forum. Jump up to the general section and introduce yourself.

(York County)

I'na always carried holowpoints. They will work at close range and far less likely to exit the body and cause possible injury to parties not intended.

(Northumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ca2pa View Post
    Luckily, i've never had to use my concealed g19 in order to save my life or those of my loved ones. Some time ago a buddy of mine had told me that he wouldnt recommend carrying anything other than hollowpoints for self-defense. But somewhere else i heard that hollowpoints wont serve their purpose at short distances (not sure if true but he sounded quite certain), so i did what i thought was the best of both worlds and i now load my 15 rd mag with alternating one hollowpoint with a non hollowpoint, etc.. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THIS, AND WHAT DO YOU PREFER??
    First of all if a hollowpoint round fails to do it's job it basically pokes a 9mm hole just like FMJ so there is NO point in alternating rounds.

Besides that, alternating rounds can affect your accuracy as the gun will act differently on alternating rounds. This is magnified with a light CCW gun. Usually defensive rounds a loaded hotter than FMJ target rounds. This is not the case if you spend the extra cash for either NATO FMJ rounds or something like speer lawman (which is loaded to the same level of their defense rounds)

honestly if you're gonna carry fmj for defense... carry NATO rounds... As they're meant for combat. Most FMJ rounds are meant for target practice including the speer lawman.

Your best bet though is to carry premium HP ammo in whatever brand you fancy.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011