Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (York County)

Exclamation YOU'RE GLOCK COULD GO FULL AUTO BY ACCIDENT!!!!

So I was at the range on saturday and this happened to me.

I walked up to the line, put my Glock 23 on the table and my three mags. I put up a target and commenced loading of the pistol. Then, things went screwy......

Upon pulling the trigger, (yes, just one "pull and hold" style trigger pull) my glock kicked twice in my hand faster than I had ever double tapped in my life! I was very confused but thought maybe I had imagined it. (yes, I know someone is wondering if I hit the silouett with both shots, yes I did. Part of me was ignoring that there were two holes in the target when there should have been only one)

I tried to fire the pistol normally two more times. The second time, only one shot fired. The third time, two shots kicked off again before I could even move my finger from the trigger! I dropped the mag and ejected the last round from the action and commenced field stripping the pistol and found that there was nothing wrong that I could find.

I re-assembled the pistol and tried again and it continued to malfunction. I repeated the field stripping and was thouroughly confused! Nothing appeared to be wrong and I haven't modified my pistol at all!!! It has also only had about 500 rounds through it so far! The third time I fired it, I got ballsy and decided to hold the trigger down to see if it would re-set the trigger bar as it should. Four rounds later, in less than a split second, I let go of the trigger. The pistol was going full auto. If I held the trigger, it went auto!

Ok, yes, I know again some people are thinking that I must have enjoyed a full auto glock 23, 40S&W. And they would be correct! It was awesome! (but sadly, illegal ) oh, and yea, it actually hit the target with all four rounds at 7 yards.

After that last "burst", I asked some people at the range if they had any idea what could be happening and everyone was as confused as I was. One of the guys there mentioned the ejector though and that got me to thinking.

I examined the ejector "nub" on the underside of the slide and found it to be more "stiff" than normal. It was much harder to push in but easily released the ejector after pulling the firing pin and the ejector plunger. What I found was that the itty bitty spring that is normally in the cup of the ejector retaining piece had gone in wrong and was in fact, sitting on it's side at the very bottom of it's hole in the slide. This was forcing the "nub" that sticks out of the pistol to not be able to move out of the way of the trigger connector bar. It was re-setting the trigger every time the slide went forward without the trigger returning to "standard battery". As soon as my finger moved the trigger at all, it fired the next shot instantly!

I fixed the problem and finished off my ammo and headed home.

Sorry for the long thread starter but I just can't believe that just a malfunction in a tiny spring could cause such an interesting malfunction in a pistol!

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?!?!?!?
    Last edited by Lycanthrope; May 7th, 2010 at 08:14 AM.
    Never underestimate the stupidity of your fellow human. Always carry a weapon!

Default Re: YOU'RE GLOCK COULD GO FULL AUTO BY ACCIDENT!!!! WTF!?!?!?!?!

It's not Full Auto

SOunds like a pretty Unsafe pistol that would be going back to Glock ASAP.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    SOunds like a pretty Unsafe pistol that would be going back to Glock ASAP.
    sounds more like he should have kept this to himself... now it has to go back.

(Bucks County)

Limping it?

(Allegheny County)

I think you should be careful and remove HOW this works. make it vague. You do not want people to copy this error.

(Allegheny County)

Ruh-roh - enjoy your visit from BATFE........
    FNX-9 Two-tone

tinfoil anyone
    FJB

(Lawrence County)

The wrong disconnector and trigger spring combo in a Glock will make them doubel, triple or worse.

The workings are simple, but they do need to be right or you can have problems.

Lycanbecarefulthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Allegheny County)

I saw a poorly modified Glock 21 do that at a training class. As Lycan said, wrong combo of parts can cause problems. In the G21 case, the fellow had aftermarket drop safety, trigger spring and disconnectors, in addition to polishing the hell out of everything too. Send it back to Glock for a rebuild and it should be fine.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    tinfoil anyone
    In light of this:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/146...ral-crime.html

And other incidents involving unintentional FA and the reaction of the jack-booted thugs at BATFE.

I would say posting this incident publicly, in the first person, is a very bad idea.

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast