Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Shot an LCP today and I want one even more.

Today my girlfriend and I went to the SGL in Wexford (good crowd today, nobody with bad firearms handling skills or gangster wannabes) a guy a couple of stations down from us fired off a few rounds of his LCP before fiddling with a new optic on some kind of Ruger rifle. I went over and asked him how he liked it and I was considering getting one based on the feel from it at a gun shop. He offered to let me fire it and I was more than happy to do so. Its very controllable for such a small frame and his functioned smoother than the model in a shop. Probably because it was broken in and cleaned. So far I like everything about the gun and this sealed the deal. He also had the Crimson Trace laster but that was useless on a sunny day at the 25 yard targets. I only wish I had something cool to offer him to shoot other than a bolt action Marlin Model 25.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Shot an LCP today and I want one even more.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    Today my girlfriend and I went to the SGL in Wexford (good crowd today, nobody with bad firearms handling skills or gangster wannabes) a guy a couple of stations down from us fired off a few rounds of his LCP before fiddling with a new optic on some kind of Ruger rifle. I went over and asked him how he liked it and I was considering getting one based on the feel from it at a gun shop. He offered to let me fire it and I was more than happy to do so. Its very controllable for such a small frame and his functioned smoother than the model in a shop. Probably because it was broken in and cleaned. So far I like everything about the gun and this sealed the deal. He also had the Crimson Trace laster but that was useless on a sunny day at the 25 yard targets. I only wish I had something cool to offer him to shoot other than a bolt action Marlin Model 25.
    If only because I wrote a very similar post the other day (different gun, and I hated it...), and not a single soul replied to it. Rep to you.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

gangster wannabes I would love to own a Thompson.If I had one I would be sure to by a suit and top hat.As for the LCP my buddy owns one there is like no sights on the thing,It's a great gun to carry and use to protect yourself (within 10 yards)But I didn't like shooting it at all.He loves it though he wants to by one for all his family members.To each his own I guess.

(York County)

I've had my LCP for a year or a bit more now. It's primarily a BUG when I'm carrying another pistol or (rarely) a primary when I want some serious concealment (not often, but from time to time).
    Nice little gun!! And a big improvement over the .32ACP Beretta Tomcat ithe LCP replaced (both weight and size).

So far, no failures other then when loading the first round occasionally. This is my fault I believe as it's pretty easy to ride the slide forward (slowing the slide) when loading. Easy workaround is using the slide release, but I'm in the habit of pulling the slide back and releasing (works good for a larger semi-auto).

As far as ammo, I use what ever ball ammo I can find for practice and Hornady Critical Defense for carry.
    Well, pushed 60 too hard so now I am the big SIX-OH. Now I can be a real pain in the ass! And, who says growin' old isn't fun!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by RoyJackson View Post
    I've had my LCP for a year or a bit more now. It's primarily a BUG when I'm carrying another pistol or (rarely) a primary when I want some serious concealment (not often, but from time to time).
    Nice little gun!! And a big improvement over the .32ACP Beretta Tomcat ithe LCP replaced (both weight and size).

So far, no failures other then when loading the first round occasionally. This is my fault I believe as it's pretty easy to ride the slide forward (slowing the slide) when loading. Easy workaround is using the slide release, but I'm in the habit of pulling the slide back and releasing (works good for a larger semi-auto).

As far as ammo, I use what ever ball ammo I can find for practice and Hornady Critical Defense for carry.
    I want the LCP to be my %99.999 carry gun. Depending on the situation I may carry something larger, if it does not present many restrictions or I need to be in an area I know crime is higher.

Hornady Critical Defense seems to be the ammo du jour for just about any .380.

The Crimson Trace laser would probably be added shortly after purchase unless I find something about the LCP I don't like after some use.

The LCP is a cool little pistol. Heck, since you were in Wexford, you should have stopped at "Big Buck" and priced one. Last I heard they had them for $1,200..... Of course this is me being me. I hate that store, and their prices are just insane. Let us know when you pick one up.
    Jules

(Allegheny County)

The LCP is my every day carry gun. I've had mine for a while now. It was an early version that had to go back for the recall, but other than the first round failures Roy described, I've never had a problem with it. And as he said, that's operator error and I just needed to get used to it. Now that summer is here I can slip it into my pocket in a Nemesis holster and I'm good to go. All in all, I highly recommend getting one.

(Butler County)

Had mine for a year, nothing but praise, put 50 rounds thru it today at Anthony's indoor range. Added Crimson Trace laser sight. Only problem was finding a holster, took a few stops to find a IWB that fit the LCP with the sight.

I would like to pick a LCP up as well .. I have a P3AT & love it!! 900 rnds & no problems from day one ! GO KT!! the ruger looks super nice..........
    "Emergency's seldom favor the unprepared"

(Allegheny County)

Shot an LCP two weeks ago and I don't want one even more!

I shot my brother's LCP and it convinced me that I don't like or want this pistol. Guess that is why Baskin Robbins make 27 flavors?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast