Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Please convince me one way or the other!

I am a guy who likes Glocks and AKs, always have and always will. I carry Glocks because I trust them with my life, and if SHTF in any way I would grab my AK becasue I trust that too. I have copius mags and ammo for both.

Soooo, I want something prettier to play with, whether the new toy ever makes it into the "rotation" or not (and it may well) is inconequential. I can get a nice Stag AR with EOtech or a nice 1911 for just south of $1500. Don't have mags or ammo for either and I would aquire them as-needed. Granted, I get the opportunity to shoot pistol a good bit more (especially in cold weather), but ARs are freakin sexy too and another rifle never hurt anyone. Which do you think I would have more fun with?
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

Default Re: Please convince me one way or the other!

Stag
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=167933275

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=167298627

Eotech(s)
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/SearchResults.aspx

well I reread your post and then tried to delete my posts...I would go with an M4 if I did not have one.
    Last edited by animalmother85; May 6th, 2010 at 08:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

(Montgomery County)

I'd go with an AR.

If you have $1500 to spend, don't get a Stag. Buy a Colt 6920 and an Eotech - you'll still be at $1500. Colt 6920's are going for $1100 and an Eotech can be had for $400. Not that there is anything terribly wrong with a Stag but a Colt is a better gun / buy.

There is no way that i'd pay $1500 for a Stag with an Eotech. That is just way too much money for a Stag.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Guns4Fun View Post
    There is no way that i'd pay $1500 for a Stag with an Eotech. That is just way too much money for a Stag.

I actually rounded up, it is $1299 for the Stag with EOtech. Still too much?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    I actually rounded up, it is $1299 for the Stag with EOtech. Still too much?
    Which eotech and what model stag?

(Delaware County)

Which eotech and what model stag?
    Stag Arms Model 1- .223/5.56 Nato 16" barrel with 1 in 9 twist, standard safety, collapsible stock, removable carry handle, A3 sight, 30 rd. mag

Not positive which model optic it is.

(Cumberland County)

I'm the only one who votes for a 1911? The most prolific and classic autoloading pistol ever concieved? Damn.

If I were going to drop $1500 on a 1911 I'd get something supernastysexytime though. Kimbers are nice but for that price point you could start to look at the lower end Nighthawks, Wilson Combat, Les Baer, etc. Guns just dripping with sex appeal AND practical use. Maybe not for $1500, but close-ish.

Hell, I want an AR too, just wouldn't be able to afford to feed it.
    Last edited by rwb1500; May 6th, 2010 at 09:43 PM.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Montgomery County)

You can get a complete Stag M4 upper for about $525. Then figure another $250 for a complete lower. So, you're looking at $775 for the Stag. That means that the eotech would cost $525.

Is this a brand new combo or used? If used, i would offer 1k for the package. Maybe only $900. It is a buyers market.

I'd still get a Colt 6920. A Colt will hold it's value better and it is a better built rifle.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    I'm the only one who votes for a 1911? The most prolific and classic autoloading pistol ever concieved? Damn.

If I were going to drop $1500 on a 1911 I'd get something supernastysexytime though. Kimbers are nice but for that price point you could look at Nighthawks, Wilson Combat, Les Baer, etc. Guns just dripping with sex appeal AND practical use.
    You may have won me over with judicious use of "supernastysexytime"! Ha! I totally see your point though, and thats why my decision is a bitch. My dad has a Kimber Warrior which, when they run right (and this one does), are pretty friggin' SNST (my new acronym, I bet money it catches on). Anyway, the Warrior is awesome, a load and a half to carry though. I wold like to have maybe a nice commander sized 1911 to get a little more use out of it.

You can get a complete Stag M4 upper for about $525. Then figure another $250 for a complete lower. So, you're looking at $775 for the Stag. That means that the eotech would cost $525.

Is this a brand new combo or used? If used, i would offer 1k for the package. Maybe only $900. It is a buyers market.

I'd still get a Colt 6920. A Colt will hold it's value better and it is a better built rifle.

It is a new package, and from a dealer. You know the guy, in Conshy. I know if I shopped around or built, I could do a bit better, but not only do I like the FFL but I am a total instant-gratification whore. His shop is 5 minutes from my work, so instead of dicking around ordering parts I could be fully zombie-equipped and home in time for dinner!! I will pay a ittle extra for that, don't want to get hosed though.

(Cumberland County)

Unhappy Re: Please convince me one way or the other!

Quote Originally Posted by Kb! Bob View Post
    You may have won me over with judicious use of "supernastysexytime"! Ha! I totally see your point though, and thats why my decision is a bitch. My dad has a Kimber Warrior which, when they run right (and this one does), are pretty friggin' SNST (my new acronym, I bet money it catches on). Anyway, the Warrior is awesome, a load and a half to carry though. I wold like to have maybe a nice commander sized 1911 to get a little more use out of it.

It is a new package, and from a dealer. You know the guy, in Conshy. I know if I shopped around or built, I could do a bit better, but not only do I like the FFL but I am a total instant-gratification whore. His shop is 5 minutes from my work, so instead of dicking around ordering parts I could be fully zombie-equipped and home in time for dinner!! I will pay a ittle extra for that, don't want to get hosed though.
    That is a bitch of a decision. I'm glad I'm too poor to have to make that kind of a decision. Get whatever you'll have more fun with. It sounds like you're set in the functionality department, so get something SNST and fun. I'm also looking for my first 1911 and am having a hell of a time deciding what to do. Its no fun. Hell, yes it is. I'm sure you'll enjoy whichever you end up with.

I guess the question is which do you want right now? You know you're gonna end up with both eventually
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast