Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Sam Rohrer Responds to an Anti in Chester County

I just sent my request for signs!!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by rikilii View Post
    Great response on that issue, but i took a look at his website to try and figure out where he stands on other issues, and a lot of it is very vague, like you can tell where he stands by reading between the lines, but he's afraid to come out and just say it.

To the extent you can tell, either directly or by reading between the lines of his wishy washy rhetoric, I pretty much disagree with him on almost every other issue.
    His positions have been clear and consistent as long as he's been in government, that's one of the reasons so many people like him. Even those who disagree on some issues still appreciate the fact that they're getting someone who is honest and consistent.

The website seems to be oriented toward getting the visitor to watch videos of Sam talking about the issues. When he speaks he does so clearly and bluntly, there is no doubt as to what his positions are. He is a Constitutional conservative candidate and his views on the issues reflect that.

Here's a few of his positions on other issues:

-eliminate the property tax and replace it with something fair that doesn't infringe on the property rights of individuals

-control costs in government by refusing exorbitant spending and lowering taxes

-stand up to unconsitutional dictates from the federal government by asserting PA's 10th Amendment rights

-he is pro-life. He opposes using state funds for abortion

-he opposes gay marriage.

-he supports privacy rights, opposing "Big Brother' tactics like national biometric ID cards (The REAL ID Act)

-he supports school choice and parent's rights, meaning he doesn't believe that parents should be forced or coerced into putting their children into underperforming public schools and wants to work to create other options.

Those are the big issues, not including the 2nd Amendment, which we know he is the strongest proponent of. That information is readily available with minimal effort on the web if you can't find it easily on the site.

If you disagree with him on "almost every other issue" then he probably isn't the candidate for you. I don't know how anyone can disagree with him on "almost every other issue", but to each their own.

I personally disagree with some of the other social issues, but his focus on Constitutional governance are at the forefront of his campaign and that's what I believe to be most important in this election, along with the elimination of property taxes.

(Bucks County)

Did I mention that Sam Rohrer is the best candidate in the history of candidates?

(Montgomery County)

That was a great speech, I really like how he turned the guys question around and made a great point that the tool can change.

Although, I don't see how he can call himself a constitutional republican and be against civil unions, when the 14th amendment clearly states "equal protection of the law"

He's a moral majority Republican, not a constitutional one, which drives me absolutely crazy, but to protect my right to bear arms, I will have to swallow the bitter medicine.

YINZ...yinz doesnt exist in the english language; its like "ONE beer", Pennsylvania

that is just it he is not against civil unions, it is the redefinition of marriage. i never would have thought PA could propose such a good candidate. get the word out. (might have to change my theory on moving out of the state).

(Delaware County)

I do disagree with him on a few things, but he DEFINITELY is the best man for Governor.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lebanon County)

Sam is the man. I don't agree with everything that anyone else says but he's more aligned with my views than anyone else.
    He's a straightforward guy and consistent with what he says he stands for. He doesn't dodge questions or issues to try to appease anyone, he speaks what he feels and I admire that.
    He's the kind of guy I'd like to call a friend. When he wins I'll be proud to say that I voted for him.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by 64Jeeper View Post
    I just sent my request for signs!!
    Got one at the York gun show and now its on the lawn in front .
    If we all vote on the 18 Sam could very well win. What pisses me off that
    the party is already backing Corbett with out us voting for him.... Yet. Its like here's your man (THE ONLY MAN)vote for him ????? UH that's not how it works. This is not a level playing field. I hope Sam wins by a long shot and kicks the powers to be in the teeth. I hope everyone here is registered to vote!!!!!! And get out there on the 18th
    Laws that forbid the carrying of arms ... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. ... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." Thomas Jefferson - Commonplace Book 1774-1776

(Delaware County)

I saw my first Corbett signs today on my way to work...kinda ironic..they were in a very Democratic area..Darby/Philadelphia.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post

-eliminate the property tax and replace it with something fair that doesn't infringe on the property rights of individuals
    That sounds like an idea, but has he specifically suggested what a more "fair" taxation scheme will look like? At the end of the day, it matters little what the source of your tax burden is (income, sales, property) if the allocation of the burden is the same.

-control costs in government by refusing exorbitant spending and lowering taxes
    Again, sounds like a great idea, but has he said specifically what spending he would cut? What specific programs he would eliminate? How he would change the distribution of the tax burden, if at all?

-stand up to unconsitutional dictates from the federal government by asserting PA's 10th Amendment rights
    Another good idea, but what specific unconstitutional dictates would he stand up against? How would he prevent federal authorities from enforcing those dictates?

-he is pro-life. He opposes using state funds for abortion
    Just opposes funding? Or will he do everything in his power to outlaw it?

[quote--he opposes gay marriage. [/quote] This doesn't jive with the general theme of his outlook. He opposes the government interfering with us in almost every way, but he wants the government to be involved in defining a word that has nothing to do with the government, and he wants to deprive people of the liberty of associating with whom they wish, in the way they wish. Frankly, I think it's hypocritical. I can't vote for someone who takes this kind of position on such a stupid, sensational issue just to pander for the hate vote (just like Bush did back in 2004 to divert attention away from the war).

-he supports privacy rights, opposing "Big Brother' tactics like national biometric ID cards (The REAL ID Act)
    Not really a concern of mine, considering the fact that I have to have a passport anyway.

-he supports school choice and parent's rights, meaning he doesn't believe that parents should be forced or coerced into putting their children into underperforming public schools and wants to work to create other options.
    Any specific proposals for these "other options"? Again, it's great to say you're against something...but you have to be FOR something in place of it.

EDIT: I also forgot to mention all that crap about "faith" on his site, which I read to mean: force Christianity into our government and public schools and to hell with the 1st Amendment.
    Last edited by rikilii; May 9th, 2010 at 09:53 AM.
    Almost a LIB .... ertarian

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast