Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Adams County)

Default Itching for a new H&K

Okay, so I have what I'm "allowed" to spend from the house sale. I've always wanted an H&K and more specifically the Compact USP .40 caliber.

The forums say Reddings is a pretty good place to go, any other suggestions? I don't mind a 30-40 minute drive crap even up to an hour.

(Adams County)

Default Re: Itching for a new H&K

Well, I shopped and shopped, no one had a shiny new USP Compact in .40 in their cases. Sooo, I just happened to check out Freedom Armory over in Glen Rock and fell in lub with a shiny new P30 instead!! Time to launch some .40 ammo this weekend! I may still get a USP one day but the P30 is a beauty, put some pics up in the gun pic section.

Ordering my holsters, I think I found the 2 I want because I absolutely must have an OC holster for the H&K once I put quite a bit of range time in behind it.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

If you bought from FA, you overpaid, and supported an anti- OC business.....

(Adams County)

Damn that's what I get for impulse shopping instead of price shopping. I fully expected to pay $850ish for a spanking new H&K, this one came to $920 with tax. I hadn't exactly priced them, think I paid more than $50-$100 more than somewhere else?

On the "however" side, while I was filling out the paperwork the shop-keep asked if I would like an LTCF form to take with me. I told him I already visited the Sheriff's office for that and also have my Virginia non resident permit so I'm good for now. When I mentioned I was going to OC this piece he did mention "it wasn't worth the hassle" to him with the risk of a disorderly conduct charge but he didn't try to outright talk me out of it.

I surfed the boards doing a search on Freedom Armory and sure enough, there are some posts there.
    Porsche, there is no substitute

(Adams County)

Don't know much about FA. I've read some neg, but I've never been there myself. I bought my first carry weapon (Hi-point C-9) at W.E. Sells in Hanover on 116. They seem to be maybe a bit pricey, but the guy behind the counter is great to deal with and very knowledgeable (except when it comes to Hi-point warranty).

Let us know how that .40 shoots and then let me shoot it!
    Proud 3%er... We'll fight for your rights, even when you won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.FiredUp View Post
    Don't know much about FA. I've read some neg, but I've never been there myself. I bought my first carry weapon (Hi-point C-9) at W.E. Sells in Hanover on 116. They seem to be maybe a bit pricey, but the guy behind the counter is great to deal with and very knowledgeable (except when it comes to Hi-point warranty).

Let us know how that .40 shoots and then let me shoot it!
    I have no problem with their prices, they are lower on ammo than most, including what I have seen posted about Mao-Marts prices......

BTW, they only carry Hi-points, Taurus, and Jiminez, because some people think cheap is good.....................