Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thumbs up Hogue Customer Service

I'm putting this here as I do not see anyplace more appropriate to put it.

About a month ago I purchased a Colt Lightweight Commander. For reasons too lengthy to bother with, I had trouble with the grips, and elected to purchase a pair, since I have no idea when I would have time to make them. I surveyed the choices available through Brownell's and Midway, but was having trouble finding real good information on actual sizes of some of the grips I was considering. The technical rep at Midway referred me directly to Hogue.

I called and spoke with a woman who not only knew grips, she knew her wood species. We had a very pleasant conversation discussing the various features of some of their grip models, as well as the species in which they were available. At several points during our conversation, she went to the warehouse to grab some grips to inspect them personally, giving me an intelligent opinion on grain and color, something I discuss frequently with my own customers. Based on her opinions and descriptions, I chose a pair of cocobolo finger groove grips. I have not seen them yet, and they may be a total bomb, but I am pretty sure that won't be the case. In any event, it is highly unusual for a company to spend that kind of time on their own volition for an item in this price range.

In addition, while we were talking, I could hear laughing and joking in the background. When I mentioned it, she laughed, and said, "Yeah, it is one of those places where you wake up in the morning and look forward to going to work". Kudos to a company that provides an environment like that, as well as quality products. As I wrote above, I have not seen these grips yet, but I have other Hogue grips on other guns. I do not expect to be disappointed.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Hogue Customer Service

+1

I had a good experience with Hogue as well.

I had purchased a Hogue Handall Jr. Grip Sleeve for a pistol. When i was getting ready to install, I noticed there was a small split in the rubber, that would likely rip when I tried to install it.

I called and asked what I should do. They took my info and very quickly sent me a replacement.

I have Hogue grips on pretty much all of the firearms I own, and with Customer Service like they provide I will continue to use them.

(Washington County)

In my heavy paintball playing days, the only thing I would use for my guns would be Houge grips (usually 1911 style 45 grip panels and wraps).

Never disappointed by the quality.

(Luzerne County)

I have used hogue grips on several of my guns. My 10/22also is a hogue overmolded stock. I have always liked them. I have not seen or used their wood grips. Please give us a update when you get yours.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

My grips came today! That makes two days, not quite 48 hours, from the time I ordered them from California until they appeared in my mailbox in eastern PA! I suppose the PO gets some credit for that, but the nice lady from Hogue shipped them as fast as she said she would. She also was not lying when she said she knew her wood species and figure.

This is a quick cell phone picture of the grips installed on my Commander. The slide in the picture is a Marvel .22 LR conversion kit. And for anyone who wants to be a net nanny, I know the slide is closed and the hammer back. I cleared the gun just prior to putting it down for the picture. Actually, I cleared it to put the grips on, so there.

As an added bonus, the right hand grip was already relieved for an ambidextrous safety. She was under the impression that it wasn't, and I opted to have them shipped to me for time considerations, saying I would do that work. So, it was a pleasant surprise to find out I don't have to get out my rasp and sandpaper. It fits my hand very nicely, although I need to do something about that beavertail.

(Monroe County)

lookin good. nice grips
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Luzerne County)

Very nice. Are the wood grips a one piece, or a two piece?
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.