Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Tom Corbett vs. Sam Rohrer on the 2nd Amendment..

May 18th and I strongly feel that Sam will win. Most of those voting in a Primary are the one's who are really paying attention. Sam Rohrer might be the ultimate no-brainer of all time. I had lunch with him when I was thinking of running for State Rep and he's as real as they come.

(Mercer County)

Just got home and saw the e-mail concerning the cancellation. Corbett won't face Rohrer in an open forum. Not surprising. He can't defend his inconsistent record.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Reb View Post
    Just got home and saw the e-mail concerning the cancellation. Corbett won't face Rohrer in an open forum. Not surprising. He can't defend his inconsistent record.
    Yeah, it's gotta be tough to debate the issues in a debate when the only answer he ever has is ..."I don't know, I need to research that"...or something similar.

I picked up yard signs and bumper stickers in Harrisburg tonight from a family that's volunteering for his campaign. What a nice bunch of people!

I'm really impressed with Sam, and his campaign in general. It's consistent all around and if people will just stop hanging onto their bizarre psychological need to be "on" the team most likely to win Sam will win this election.

(Mercer County)

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    I picked up yard signs and bumper stickers in Harrisburg tonight from a family that's volunteering for his campaign. What a nice bunch of people!

QUOTE]
    I have found that to be a theme with everyone I've met from the state campaign as well. The Western PA coordinator is a gal named Vonne Andring...a real class act. She sings like an angel, google her website and listen to some of her songs. She won some sort of national songwriting competition. She parachuted into forward positions in Iraq( I think) in order to perform for the troops there. She is an accomplished writer as well. Incredible person. I've also corresponded with some of the other campaign supporters from the Eastern part of the state...similar experiences. It's a privelage to just be able to correspond with these people.
    Last edited by Whiskey Reb; May 5th, 2010 at 10:31 PM.

(Delaware County)

Yeah, it's gotta be tough to debate the issues in a debate when the only answer he ever has is ..."I don't know, I need to research that"...or something similar.

I'm really impressed with Sam, and his campaign in general. It's consistent all around and if people will just stop hanging onto their bizarre psychological need to be "on" the team most likely to win Sam will win this election.
    aside from Corbett not being able to debate Rohrer..Sam is actually getting out and meeting with voters, answering their questions and actually giving real answers to concerns..most people don't vote in the primaries so as long as we get everyone out to vote we can, then it could be in the bag.
    Peace, Prosperity, and Liberty

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by andrewjs18 View Post
    aside from Corbett not being able to debate Rohrer..Sam is actually getting out and meeting with voters, answering their questions and actually giving real answers to concerns..most people don't vote in the primaries so as long as we get everyone out to vote we can, then it could be in the bag.
    I agree, and while lots of people might say they're backing Corbett, the party may have done him in by announcing that he was the official candidate too early. Most people will assume he's got it in the bag and not bother to come out and vote, or may not even realize there's a primary. Beyond that, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who is a passionate Tom Corbett supporter. Those are the people who come out during primaries.

Ron Paul got over 128,000 votes in the PA republican primary in 2008--and at that point the nomination had already been locked up by McCain. We can expect every one of those people to come out and vote for Rohrer, plus all of the friends they've converted over the last two years. That says nothing for all the conventional voters who will support him as well.

Put those numbers in perspective with the 568,000 votes that Lynn Swann got in the 2006 primary running unopposed. There is a new, energized electorate out there. The party isn't conducting polls, the press is corrupt and in the pocket of the establishment so they aren't either. If the numbers were really far apart, we'd be hearing about it every day. Instead we only have one ancient poll conducted last year that says Rohrer had 7%. The numbers will be surprising. He may not win, but will give the establishment a good shock to their system at the very least.

(Delaware County)

I agree, and while lots of people might say they're backing Corbett, the party may have done him in by announcing that he was the official candidate too early. Most people will assume he's got it in the bag and not bother to come out and vote, or may not even realize there's a primary. Beyond that, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who is a passionate Tom Corbett supporter. Those are the people who come out during primaries.

Ron Paul got over 128,000 votes in the PA republican primary in 2008--and at that point the nomination had already been locked up by McCain. We can expect every one of those people to come out and vote for Rohrer, plus all of the friends they've converted over the last two years. That says nothing for all the conventional voters who will support him as well.

Put those numbers in perspective with the 568,000 votes that Lynn Swann got in the 2006 primary running unopposed. There is a new, energized electorate out there. The party isn't conducting polls, the press is corrupt and in the pocket of the establishment so they aren't either. If the numbers were really far apart, we'd be hearing about it every day. Instead we only have one ancient poll conducted last year that says Rohrer had 7%. The numbers will be surprising. He may not win, but will give the establishment a good shock to their system at the very least.
    I've yet to see 1 Tom Corbett sign/poster up anywhere...Sam Rohrer signs are popping up everywhere because of grassroots supporters.

(Lancaster County)

I've yet to see 1 Tom Corbett sign/poster up anywhere...Sam Rohrer signs are popping up everywhere because of grassroots supporters.
    I've seen plenty of Corbett signs along the highways and in some public areas, but I see Rohrer signs at people's houses and I think that's what counts. Anybody who goes out and picks up a sign during a primary intends to vote for that candidate--people who go out and put them up on the road are usually hired help.

(Schuylkill County)

I've seen plenty of Corbett signs along the highways and in some public areas, but I see Rohrer signs at people's houses and I think that's what counts. Anybody who goes out and picks up a sign during a primary intends to vote for that candidate--people who go out and put them up on the road are usually hired help.
    I see Rohrer ones all over the place, at random spots. In peoples yards, in the median at an intersection, along the side of the road, etc... and it makes me smile.
    I've only seen a few Corbett ones, which I guess is a good thing from our perspective.

I have to pick up my Rohrer signs tonight... There's appears to be only 2 remotely close locations to get them, so it's really out of the way. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do! Small price to pay if it even convinces one person I suppose!
    III%

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBauer21 View Post
    I see Rohrer ones all over the place, at random spots. In peoples yards, in the median at an intersection, along the side of the road, etc... and it makes me smile.
    I've only seen a few Corbett ones, which I guess is a good thing from our perspective.

I have to pick up my Rohrer signs tonight... There's appears to be only 2 remotely close locations to get them, so it's really out of the way. But I guess you gotta do what you gotta do! Small price to pay if it even convinces one person I suppose!
    I've been putting them up on I-95 and 476 over the past few days..thousands of people see the signs daily so if they didn't know who he was before, they sure as hell do now. hopefully doing that will get people on google wondering who Sam Rohrer is which could turn into some votes!

speaking of that..I got a few signs left that I need to put up today when I run some errands then I need to pick up more!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast