Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Clinton County)

Default The Front page story is making a Difference.

4/30/10 was a full day of OC. Started the day by stopping a Nationals to look at a Kimber they had. This was on the way to Tripoli's in door range for practice before a class next week.

Really liked the Kimber SIS custom they had. Told my wife that this is the one I want in 6 months. She liked it to. She said do you want it. DUH. She told the sales guy we will take it. I now have my new OC pistol. Due to my work schedule I have not been able to shoot it as of yet. But will have 250 rounds through it by Saturday.

Went to the Range but did not shoot Kimber. Wanted to take it apart and make sure it was oiled first. We both shot for an hour.

Coming home we went to Walmart in Mill Hall. t1m0thy was there with his family. We talked by the drug store area. After talking about the Kimber and the Lock Haven Council meeting they went shopping. A Man came over and ask if I needed a Permit for that. Pointing at my Pistol. I was OC my wife was CC. He was from Wyoming. He was surprised we could open carry in PA. Probably due to being a Blue State.

Gave him a flyer and answered his questions. He showed me his CCW. not LTCF, from Wyoming. It was very nice. Really nice back ground. He is in area driving truck for natural gas companies.

We went shopping. At check-out I was loading the cart. Strong side away from check-out Girl. I have a double mag holder on weak side. I turned that she saw my pistol. She started to laugh. She said I did not see your gun. She thought it was strange I was walking around with Ammo. We joked yes I was going to throw it at someone if I had to. My wife said at least you were not freaked out by the Gun. She said " I am from around here. I like Guns" It sounded like she had conversations with others about this subject.

Went to Kurt's Smokin Ribs. The girl behind counter said that everyone must be out shooting today. There had been many people with guns coming in today. I told her we had been shooting but I carry OC most of the time even if not shooting. I have heard that more people are OCing since the Article in the Express.

This is the first day anyone has said anything while I OC. First time giving a flyer. First time seeing someone else OC. An eventful day for me.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: The Front page story is making a Difference.

As it should be! Well done!
    "...a REPUBLIC, if you can keep it."

(Monroe County)

Excellent post.

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty
    than to those attending too small a degree of it."~Thomas Jefferson, 1791
    Hobson fundraiser Remember SFN Read before you Open Carry

(Clinton County)

I have still not been able to shoot the Kimber.
    My wife has taken it out and put over 90 rounds through it.

I hope it is still mine.
    The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.