Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

(Northampton County)

Thumbs up Meyers Gunshop Bath Pa

Excellent, took extra time and showed me everything in his shop in my price range. Happy to answer all my questions and there were a lot being it was my first handgun purchase.. Suggested the Ruger SR9 at a good price and I couldn't be happier with it. I will keep going back and support my local gun shop..

Default Re: Meyers Gunshop Bath Pa

John is a great guy, always willing to assist in helping spend your money. He has alot of nice arms in such a small shop.

(Northampton County)

I have bought several guns there. John never tries to sell you something you don't need or want. Usually pretty competitive on prices too...

He makes sure what you get is what you want. But he has so many temptations in there, I sometimes go for one thing and walk out with 3.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by tsor39 View Post
    He makes sure what you get is what you want. But he has so many temptations in there, I sometimes go for one thing and walk out with 3.
    Your so right my friend... I like just hanging out and listening to his stories while I check everything out..

(Northampton County)

I didn't know there was a shop in Bath. I'll have to check it out.

(Monroe County)

Thumbs up Re: Meyers Gunshop Bath Pa

I know this thread is old, but I had to reply after visiting this shop for the first time last weekend. Went there with my FIL after getting a good laugh at the Wind Gap gun show...AMAZING place, the inventory was impressive for such a small shop. Very competitive prices too. It actually reminded me of a gun store version of the old-timey hardware store I used to work at when I was younger. Lots of stock, if you can find it, a bit dusty (adds to the authenticity of the place), and the owner knows his stuff. Ended up getting a couple of bulk boxes of 22lr for a good price and actually found an XD9 16 shot mag (albeit with the OD green sleeve, but who cares at this point!). Bring CASH or checkbook though. He is old school on that!

(Lehigh County)

Has anyone been to shop recently?

I go in every now and then, his shop has a really good selection of off the wall stuff if you happen to need something not so common. John can be short with you, but that's just his personality. He will assist you with anything you need if you ask.

Tip for the wise: He tends to charge uh, let's say, "convenience" prices for a lot of things. I know he is a small one man shop and has expenses. I have seen some things in there that are outrageously overpriced like a used 33 round Glock Promag for $80, and some things that are really good deals, but you have to know what you are looking for. Now here is the tip, if there is more than one of what you are looking for on the rack, GET THE ONE IN BACK. It may have been there 10-15 years, covered with dust, and is priced accordingly. For example a Beretta 92 mag. The new one in front is priced $49 while the furthest one against the wall with the packaging that has turned yellow is only $29. Ammo is the same story. Literally some of his inventory is older than me.

John puts old fashioned price stickers like the ones on loaf bread on every item, every box of ammo in an open case etc, and when you take it up to his register, he just looks at the sticker and that's what you pay.

Shop smart

(Northampton County)

I have been in a few times and most recently a month ago. The owner can be short with you yet this adds to the feeling of the store. Which is unique as it really is a dying breed type of place. When ever I go in there are always people there who seem to know the owner for years. He does have ammo for competitive prices and do bring cash. I always find something I needed when I go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast