Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Wayne County)

Default Suspected Gang Members Arrested in the Poconos

Gotta love our neighbors.

http://www.wnep.com/news/countybycou...,5655953.story

Several members of the Bloods street gang are accused of selling drugs and guns in Monroe County.

Federal agents are calling some of those arrested Tuesday the largest suppliers of cocaine in the entire Pocono region.

Court papers filed late Tuesday afternoon state one of the six people arrested is the largest supplier of cocaine and crack cocaine in the Poconos; hundreds of thousand of dollars in drugs. Police said some of the dealers busted were selling assault weapons too.

Newswatch 16 only got a look at one of the six people arrested; Milton Edwards. The accusations against him aren't as severe as the other five who remain in federal custody.

Police said Edwards was dealing cocaine. So were the others. All were busted early Tuesday morning in the Tobyhanna area. Police said all are members of the Bloods gang.

Pocono Mountain Regional Police said this is a 10-month investigation involving local police, the FBI, d-e-a and U.S. Marshalls. Police said this is just the start.

"This is only the beginning. When you have cases like this, it goes from one wave to another wave and people see the writing on the wall and the amount of time they're looking at behind bars and it's very much in their best interest to cooperate and more defendants will be identified and located and the case will be ongoing," said Pocono Mountain Regional Police Chief Harry Lewis.

Earlier Newswatch reported eight people were arrested. Only six were charged Tuesday but police said more are coming.

The names of those arrested so far are Gerard Clay, Joseph Crossdale, Anthony Rivera, Jyrelle Bowers, Ivan Bannister and Milton Edwards.
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Monroe County)

Default Re: Suspected Gang Members Arrested in the Poconos

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    Hear hear.
    I so have to get my fam away from Toby. I can only afford so much ammo...
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

(Bucks County)

I was just thinking of going back-packing up near Tobyhanna....Crips//Bloods in the Poconos....what a shame.

(Monroe County)

"but why do you carry a gun? You live out in the middle of nowhere and way far away from the cities"
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by donbubbo View Post
    I was just thinking of going back-packing up near Tobyhanna....Crips//Bloods in the Poconos....what a shame.
    bloods and crips have been here for at least 15 years............finally something is being done!

My family moved to the Poconos in 1960. I was two years old that year. My parents still live there, not more than five miles from PCP. It is bad enough that my father has gotten himself some more up to date SD and HD guns and just today was up at the range getting a feel for them.

Personally, I think... Well, I can't write what I think should happen up there at PCP.

(Pike County)

Yup crap is flowin all over.

Check the post I had "guess this is a start"

One of the latin kings warlords as they put it was found 2 weeks ago in wilkes-barre. He was arrested and handed over to the feds in NY.

Snert..

(Monroe County)

Bloods, Crips, Latin Kings, and MS13 are all over the nePA area...just keep your eyes open.

Chief Jerry Cameron says it best, 5:55 to 6:35.

Welcome to the merry go round that is prohibition. A 69 Billion dollar losing game of Whack-O-Mole.

We create the rules of the game and then we are suprised at the results. Einstein once described insanity as doing the same thing over and over again while expecting a different result.
    Last edited by ForwardAssist; June 5th, 2010 at 08:54 PM.

About GD time they started weeding these POS out of our area!

What we really need IMHO is a 'shoot on site' policy for any gang member. You want to flash gang signs? BANG! You want to harass law abiding citizens? BANG! You want to attempt to rule an area with fear and violence? BANG!

I'm sorry but the time of civility has come to an end. We have allowed these children to run the streets and take over our neighborhoods, to spread fear into the streets via retribution ... the time is NOW to say FUCK YOU to these pieces of shit and remove them, and anyone that would follow in their footsteps from the face of the planet.

There was a reason everyone carried a gun in the old west, because it wasn't safe in the streets. Well we have turned full circle and it's time to start all over again and eliminate the vermin from our lands.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast