Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Suspected Gang Members Arrested in the Poconos

I agree that these thugs need to be dealt with firmly and sent packing back to the sewer holes they crawled out of. Seems a lot of this garbage comes out of NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by dc dalton View Post
    About GD time they started weeding these POS out of our area!

What we really need IMHO is a 'shoot on site' policy for any gang member. You want to flash gang signs? BANG! You want to harass law abiding citizens? BANG! You want to attempt to rule an area with fear and violence? BANG!

I'm sorry but the time of civility has come to an end. We have allowed these children to run the streets and take over our neighborhoods, to spread fear into the streets via retribution ... the time is NOW to say FUCK YOU to these pieces of shit and remove them, and anyone that would follow in their footsteps from the face of the planet.

There was a reason everyone carried a gun in the old west, because it wasn't safe in the streets. Well we have turned full circle and it's time to start all over again and eliminate the vermin from our lands.

(Lackawanna County)

You realize this thread is almost two years old, right?

Everyone enjoy the old post! You won't see many more news stories like the above!

The dept. mentioned (Pocono Mt. Regional PD) is going thru some serious budget cuts and is being forced to down size in a serious manor!

It was amazing to see the $$ paper trail! The budget cuts were trackable all the way back to our current prez. and his frivolous spending!

(Monroe County)

Thanks for the update. I guess the criminal element has since left the building.

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    You realize this thread is almost two years old, right?

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by roguejesse View Post
    Thanks for the update. I guess the criminal element has since left the building.
    Yeahhhh....NO

(Adams County)

Wait...there's a GANG problem in the poconos???? The hell you say.

[/sarcasm]

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Monroe County)

For what it's worth,every day i come home from work on rt80 passing the tannersville exit going west at 4:30 pm, if the 2 state troopers are not in the center of rt 80 watching the cars go by looking at the occupants,they are searching the car of some creeps (usually with NY plates) on the side of 80 just before the 380 split,(if any of you guys ever go through that area at that time you know what i mean) so the PSP are still looking for drug runners into the poconos.

(Monroe County)

And as long as White people continue to buy weed, crack , cocaine and heroine and continue to to spend billions of dollars on Drugs worldwide THERE WILL ALWAYS BE someone there to supply them.

Eradicate the demand and you will fix the problem , you cant solve a drug problem by attacking the supply- its simple , if you have no demand you will have no supplier, its capitalism 101.

Pulling over and harassing new york residents on Rt 80 will solve nothing they will just use another route AS LONG AS the demand is there.

(Monroe County)

I'm in my house in Tobyhanna as I type this post. We have owned this house for 11 years and have had no problems yet.

There was a huge article by the Associate Press in August 2006 regarding gangs in the Poconos. Then, in April 2010 there were the articles by Jon Meyer and Andrew Scott on the "hundreds of thousands of dollars" drug bust of 6 Bloods gang members. Since then, there have not been any press reports - but I do anticipate more problems.

A Pocono Country Place, the location of most of the miscreants, is approximately 2 miles away.

In the local paper, the Pocono Mountain Regional Police are looking at layoffs. Currently, they have 42 LEO's to patrol 4 towns, 36,000 people, and 200 square miles. Assuming 3 shifts that is 14 LEO's per shift before any layoffs.

I signed up to participate in the Community Crime Watch when I am here. We have a couple of patrol cars that drive through our 1,700 house community. While that won't solve the problem it may offer some deterrence to those that may venture into our Community.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by RCS View Post
    I'm in my house in Tobyhanna as I type this post. We have owned this house for 11 years and have had no problems yet.

There was a huge article by the Associate Press in August 2006 regarding gangs in the Poconos. Then, in April 2010 there were the articles by Jon Meyer and Andrew Scott on the "hundreds of thousands of dollars" drug bust of 6 Bloods gang members. Since then, there have not been any press reports - but I do anticipate more problems.

A Pocono Country Place, the location of most of the miscreants, is approximately 2 miles away.

In the local paper, the Pocono Mountain Regional Police are looking at layoffs. Currently, they have 42 LEO's to patrol 4 towns, 36,000 people, and 200 square miles. Assuming 3 shifts that is 14 LEO's per shift before any layoffs.

I signed up to participate in the Community Crime Watch when I am here. We have a couple of patrol cars that drive through our 1,700 house community. While that won't solve the problem it may offer some deterrence to those that may venture into our Community.
    Well I heard of some news that might just make that area a tad more problematic. When the county starts selling off the houses that have fallen behind (taxes) and are sold off out under the occupants and they are thrown out on the streets, there will be, let's say issues. It's coming and it's coming soon. My only hope is that it doesn't spread to the area we're in. Mt. Pocono/Tobyhanna I can aviod the same as I do E. Burg. The rest of the area, not so much.

Thank you so much NY and NJ, you've really made the area what it is.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast