Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is the Philly Gun Task Force a form of gun control?

When I saw the thread topic, I guessed that the poster who started it would have a low post count, would have joined within the last month, and would have posted mostly or entirely about why Corbett is an evil man.

I was right.

Getting tired of outside political operatives hijacking PAFOA to get their message out. Have to wonder if biker sites are filled with new "friends" claiming that Corbett is anti-motorcycle, if pet ferret sites are being spammed by "Corbett is anti-weasel" threads, etc.

PAFOA has a generally high level of smart folks. I trust that most of the actual gun guys can see through this "grass roots" scheme.

Let's hear more about why Rohrer is a good candidate, less claims of why Corbett is the spawn of Satan.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey Reb View Post
    I'm glad people are seeing it. There is a problem though. Noone who likes their guns wants Onorato in office.

It angers me immensely that in a critical election like this one, the Republican leadership (if that is what you can call them) tried to shove this guy down our throats without a primary vote by just declaring him the candidate....as though they were so wise that they knew he was the only one who could get it done. Now we see that this favorite son is the moral runt of the litter, so how can anyone who values conscience and principle possibly support this guy?

If this is the party leaders' idea of the strongest possible candidate, It's time to realize that their judgement is out in left field and they need to be replaced as well.

On the other hand, we have one of the best candidates imaginable in Sam Rohrer, yet the party won't get behind him (I don't even want to say what I think is the reason why). Another reason why the party needs a thorough routing.
    I've read 1984 many, many times. I'm immediately suspicious whenever a group referred to as "The Party" suggests doing anything!

It doesn't matter who wins the Republican primary. Whatever cadidate has an "R" behind their name will win in the general election. Democrats don't turn out in large numbers when there is no Presidential ticket. That combined with the current political climate as a whole, virtually guarantees a Republican win. We're not talking about a third party here, we're talking about a primary election.

Let's get the best candidate nominated and then fight for him in the general election. No Democrat can debate Rohrer and win. No one has any dirt on the guy, he's squeaky clean--and Corbett would have dug it up by now if there was. There's no reason to worry about him in the general.

Look at his website, Rohrer is all geared up to make a push for traditional conservatives--but also to bring in the younger voters like Ron Paul did. The guy is a winner in every sense--and he supports gun rights!

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    . . .

Let's get the best candidate nominated and then fight for him in the general election. No Democrat can debate Rohrer and win. No one has any dirt on the guy, he's squeaky clean--and Corbett would have dug it up by now if there was. There's no reason to worry about him in the general.

Look at his website, Rohrer is all geared up to make a push for traditional conservatives--but also to bring in the younger voters like Ron Paul did. The guy is a winner in every sense--and he supports gun rights!
    This is what I like to see.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    This is what I like to see.
    You know what? I just spent an hour putting together a highly informative post to respond to you. It took so long to write that I was logged out and when I logged back in it was magically deleted!

Apparently you're easy to please, so I'll opt to not do it again.

Seriously though, for anyone who doubts the man's ability to run a campaign and win, just look at his website. This is what a modern, dynamic, successful political campaign looks like.

If anyone really, really wants me to write up that list again I will--but I think we all know Sam Rohrer's reputation and positions by now.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post

Getting tired of outside political operatives hijacking PAFOA to get their message out.
    That's right, the "inside" political operatives don't appreciate it I'm sure.

I sincerely wish I could post a thread that would state "Corbett is anti-big govt", or "Corbett is anti-federal agenda", really, I would relish it if I could only believe he is what you make him out to be. Btw, Please quote me where I stated that Corbett is anti-anything. You are doing exactly what what you accuse me of. What I have said is that he is selective on 2A, because I believe he is. I have said he wheels and deals with , let's say, "stained" individuals, which I believe he does. I have said he has involved himself in programs that used nefarious activity(warrentless searches), which I believe he has. I have stated that the Republican leaders attempted to shove him down our throats, which they did. I have not, however stated that he is "anti" at all. In fact, I think just the opposite. I believe he is "pro". He is pro-whatever is expedient for Tom Corbett. That is what I think, and it's my prerogative to believe it and express it.

Just keep in mind, sir, that I am a volunteer, I do not benefit from this debate in any way, shape or form except that in supporting the right candidate I and my children will have the opportunity to continue to live free. I believe this is a pivotal time in our history, due to big govt infringement(both state and federal), where the threat of the US being altered from our republican form of government is nearing its completion. I have no financial, career, power, influence or kickback type of dog in the fight. Can you say the same? I sincerely hope so.

PAFOA has a generally high level of smart folks. I trust that most of the actual gun guys can see through this "grass roots" scheme.
    FYI, I am an actual gun guy, believe it or not. I have been handling guns since I was a pre-pubescent lad and any of my friends can attest that I have had a lifelong affection for my guns and continue to enhance my personal collection ( I'm more a shooter than a collector) and have the reputation among my friends wives as being one to instigate their husbands into spending money on firearms that the womenfolk wish would go toward fixing the steps on the back deck.

My grass roots "scheme" is to live free. What's your scheme, sir, that would desire to disenfranchise ordinary people like me from being part of the Republican party or the debate? I was a lifelong Republican, born and bred till I left the party twelve years ago because they were becoming a parallel party to the Democrats. I looked into everything from the libertarians to the Constitution party, but found nothing to my liking, so I remained independant...that is till recently. If the Republican party can move back in the direction of Constitutional correctness, I'm all for it and I saw in Sam Rohrer an opportunity to help bring the state Republicans back to first things(well in a way, there is that Hamiltonian big govt thing from the Republican root that just simply has to go).

I am a self-employed, clean living, home town boy with roots that go to the very core beginnings of this country, with family that has fought in every war and nearly every action that the US has ever engaged in, and I immensely resent it if you are suggesting that I am some Democrat operative or worse. This is why the mainline party has lost the trust of well, nearly everyone...because if we do not toe the party line, which is to bend over and take what they are giving us, this is the treatment we get. Disrespectful discourse convinces noone of anything, yet you insist on setting this as your tone for anyone who disagrees with you.

Let's hear more about why Rohrer is a good candidate, less claims of why Corbett is the spawn of Satan.
    Spawn of Satan? Those are your words, not mine.....but I suppose if the shoe fits....

Why is Rohrer the best candidate?

pro constitution to the letter(or nearly)(quotes the US and state documents from memory)
    Pro family/parental rights
    pro property rights
    pro county Sherriff
    pro local government
    pro educational choice(with no governmental or corporate hooks attached
    pro gun/pro 2A (in every respect)
    Does not except corporate or special interest sponsorship
    Doesn't avoid answering questions because the opposition might use it against him
    Not an attorney

Where would you like to start?
    Last edited by Whiskey Reb; May 6th, 2010 at 01:32 AM.

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by mak47 View Post
    It doesn't matter who wins the Republican primary. Whatever cadidate has an "R" behind their name will win in the general election. Democrats don't turn out in large numbers when there is no Presidential ticket. That combined with the current political climate as a whole, virtually guarantees a Republican win. We're not talking about a third party here, we're talking about a primary election.

This is actually what I think too. The mentality I've been fighting here is one that suggests that only Corbett can win over Onorato in November. If anything, I think it is the opposite. We need a candidate who will stand nose to nose with the opposition in extreme polarized debate, and win. That's what will convince people to stop yawning, wake up and come to the polls.

I believe that a taxpayer-funded "task force" with the purpose of intimidating or coercing people into abandoning their civil rights would indeed be a form of illegal gun control, among other things (like corruption, RICO stuff, etc)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12