Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Exclamation Challenging the 1986 MG Ban?

After the Supreme Court rules on incorporation, who would like to see this be the next case to go before the Court?

By banning post 1986 auto weapons they have not only prevented people from buying new auto firearms but have also stopped people from buying pre 1986 firearms due to the cost being driven up so high.

Anyone else feel this should be the next big push for gun rights?
    Last edited by Avi90; April 29th, 2010 at 05:52 PM. Reason: .

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Repealing the 1986 MG Ban?

While it would be nice, I can see people who paid 20k for a full auto being against it. Also I believe there are bigger fish to fry in the mean time... like getting reciprocity between all 50 states.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Avi90 View Post
    After the Supreme Court rules on incorporation, who would like to see this be the next case to go before the Court?

By banning post 1986 auto weapons they have not only prevented people from buying new auto firearms but have also stopped people from buying pre 1986 firearms due to the cost being driven up so high.

Anyone else feel this should be the next big push for gun rights?
    It would definitely be great if it was tabled, let alone repealed. However, I don't see it happening anytime in the near future. It's way to taboo for anyone to take on. It's the lawmakers' way of throwing the BradyBunch a bone...

I dream for such a day though!
    III%

(Armstrong County)

Im with the rest of you, its not going to happen any time soon.

Will i be upset for paying so much for the items i already own, no not really.
    Will i be doing back flips because of the "new" prices for the items i can now own more off....HELL YEAH

(Washington County)

2 reasons...

1. no politician is going to want to be known as the "guy who put machineguns into the hands of the public"
    2. way too much money out there in "investment" guns. When you have 1/2 a mil tied up in some of the larger or more interesting pieces, you aren't going to like its value dropped by 75%

(Schuylkill County)

I'd be happy if there was at least a hole placed into the ban that allowed the flow of some MG's again. Not necessarily full repeal(in a way it would be though), but a work around. Maybe just an according tax or something. Maybe $1000 stamp (make the public happy) on a new MG... This won't really affect the collector value of the older MG's, it would just allow us to buy new ones.

I don't know, it would be nice just to have access through some way to newly produced ones...
    III%

(Dauphin County)

I have no idea why the thread title contains the word 'repeal' yet the contents of the post are about judicial action.

If all of these MG owners who paid absurd amounts of money for their MGs had instead pooled it together and created MGOA (Machine Gun Owners of America), they could have seen the '86 MG ban repealed either by the power of lobby or simply by greasing politicians hands. In the end they may have even saved money!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post
    I have no idea why the thread title contains the word 'repeal' yet the contents of the post are about judicial action.

If all of these MG owners who paid absurd amounts of money for their MGs had instead pooled it together and created MGOA (Machine Gun Owners of America), they could have seen the '86 MG ban repealed either by the power of lobby or simply by greasing politicians hands. In the end they may have even saved money!
    But organizing gun owners , like most groups, to do anything but complain, for the most part, is like herding cats. Cats who are suspicious of every move, and half of them dont want you to know they exist.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by MDJschool View Post

Are you insane? You want an average guy like me to donate tens of thousands of dollars to some gun rights organization?

Yes, I'd certainly be happy if it was overturned and would certainly be willing to help. With no regard for the loss of value of my collection.

(Washington County)

Another thought to add... when visitng my State Rep's office, his researcher / staff thought that the 92 AWG sunset made automatic firearms "legal again". There are already yahoos out there who think any AR or AK is a machinegun to begin with.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast