Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Dauphin County)

Default OC Before & After the 2A Rally

I was short of cash and headed to Metro Bank in front of Karn's on rt22 & Mountain Road. When I arrived the Mac machine was being service by two bank employees one looked like the manager. I waited in the car until they signaled they were done. The manager type held the door for me as I approached. He glanced at my hip said nothing. As I entered the first door and turned to the Mac machine , he moved through the second door into the bank proper and locked the door. I do not know the actual lobby hours but I am guessing the lobby was not open at 7:30AM.

After retrieving my Xdm from the Capitol police lockup, I exited the building walked past a few teachers and chaperones and then through the middle of several classes of students sitting on the steps and hand rails waiting for their buses to arrive. I didn't hear any screams or gasps as I made my way to the curb and talked with renegadephoenix. The kids were being kids and climbed over the handrail and into the planter. Upon exiting planter near us we hear one them tell the others they shouldn't do that because we were "security".

After being there for about 20 minutes, I headed toward Walnut Street and then to the car. I passed many people waiting for public transportation and others walking to where-ever. I received a a few glances that checked out the pistol and then made eye contact. I guess my dress shoes and tie made it OK for them.

The CVS drug store next to Karn's was my next stop (uneventful).

Next into Karn's to get stuff for dinner. Again nothing to write home about.

I really think that I get much less attention when well dressed. Even when in jeans I don't get much attention, but I do see more people looking inquiringly then when do when I am wearing a tie.
    Last edited by Howard Bullock; April 28th, 2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: spelling after it was quoted...
    NRA Life Member. OC is comfy!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: OC Before & After the 2A Rally

I would call that perception and judgment (prejudice) or the social injustice of not knowing....

People ignorant of the law or that were fed BS do not rationalize the open carry law.

Well dressed individuals are perceived as ok people.

A well dressed car thief may get farther then one dressed like a street thug.

As far as teachers, education, education, education.

My sister-in-law would have been scared to death if she saw some one with a gun OCing and they weren't a cop.

I am working on this, but it takes a long time to change the lies they have been told. At least while remaining a family.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post
    I was short of cash and headed to Metro Bank in front of Karn's on rt22 & Mountain Road. When I arrived the Mac machine was being service by two bank employees one looked like the manager. I waited in the car until they singled they were done. The manager type held the door for me as I approached. He glanced at my hip said nothing. As I entered the first door and turned to the Mac machine , he moved through the second door into the bank proper and locked the door. I do not know the actual lobby hours but I am guessing the lobby was not open at 7:30AM.

After retrieving my Xdm from the Capitol police lockup, I exited the building walked past a few teachers and chaperones and then through the middle of several classes of students sitting on the steps and hand rails waiting for their buses to arrive. I didn't hear any screams or gasps as I made my way to the curb and talked with renegadephoenix. The kids were being kids and climbed over the handrail and into the planter. Upon exiting planter near us we hear one them tell the others they shouldn't do that because we were "security".

After being there for about 20 minutes, I headed toward Walnut Street and then to the car. I passed many people waiting for public transportation and others walking to where-ever. I received a a few glances that checked out the pistol and then made eye contact. I guess my dress shoes and tie made it OK for them.

The CVS drug store next to Karn's was my next stop (uneventful).

Next into Karn's to get stuff for dinner. Again nothing to write home about.

I really think that I get much less attention when well dressed. Even when in jeans I don't get much attention, but I do see more people looking inquiringly then when do when I am wearing a tie.
    It was kinda fun, asking the student chaperons, if they needed to check a firearm.......

(Clinton County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    It was kinda fun, asking the student chaperons, if they needed to check a firearm.......
    Yea I noticed that as well. Pretty amazing that none of those guns jumped up and "murdered" anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Bullock View Post
    I didn't hear any screams or gasps as I made my way to the curb and talked with renegadephoenix.
    All the screaming and gasping took place earlier on when you won that rifle.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by fingers80002 View Post
    Were you outside the entrance handing out check forms that were "precut"

If so... I heard you ask them and it was pretty damn funny.
    Hoplophobia is funny