ADMISSION $5.00 CHILDREN 12&UNDER FREE WITH ADULT

GUN AUCTIONS
    SATURDAYS OF SHOWS
    7:00PM
    FOR INFO & CONSIGNMENTS CALL
    724-948-3571
    EXIT 41 OF 1-79 RACETRACK RD. FOLLOW SIGNS

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: WA COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS GUN SHOW - anyone?

Anyone go? Was it worth the 5-spot to get in? Been to PGCA shows a bazillion times, but after a few of these "smaller shows" - at PGCA admission prices, I quit and only go to the PGCA shows.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Anyone go? Was it worth the 5-spot to get in? Been to PGCA shows a bazillion times, but after a few of these "smaller shows" - at PGCA admission prices, I quit and only go to the PGCA shows.

Deputy Tom from Glocktalk said it was a very good show.

Tables were set up in 3 buildings which means it was bigger than last show (2 buildings).

With Greater Pitt Gun Club open, I passed on the gun show to get some range time in.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Washington County)

Default Re: WASHINGTON COUNTY FAIR GROUNDS GUN SHOW

I went also this morning. It was a lot bigger than the last one I attended a couple of years ago. There were a lot of vendors and a lot of people there. I didn't see to much being purchased though. I really didn't need anything but picked up some plastic brushes for cleaning and a bore light to ck inside my barrels. Good show though.
    G19/G23/ G26/G27/Walther P22/NAA 22LR /2 Ruger LCP/Taurus 24/7OSS/Mosbrg. 715T

(Allegheny County)

My brother and I went this morning. I wore my Group Shoot hat... I got some ammo cans and a chamber brush. I like that show. Lot's of room to move around.
    "Ya only need legs to kick ass baby boy" - Bartender in Feast III

(Allegheny County)

Opinions - is better than the recent year's PGCA shows?

(Washington County)

I was also there this morning, sporting my PAFOA shirt.

This show was bigger than the previous shows I've been to, with the vendors being spread through 3 different halls. If you've been to the 2 hall shows, all they did was use the hall on the right (instead of the left) as the entrance hall and then divert you over to the second hall (2 hall entrance), then back through the third hall like normal.

I did see a lot of rifles walking around, but I don't know if people had bought them or were looking to sell them. What I can tell you is that I looked at/in every single handgun display case I came across and I only saw 1 spot that looked noticeably empty, as to a handgun having been sold. I wasn't really looking for anything in particular, but I was pleasantly surprised when I found a copy of Massad Ayoob's "In The Gravest Extreme". I also bought 3 pistol rugs from a gentleman that I haven't seen at the shows before, who had a huge display of rifle and handgun cases/rugs that he makes himself. I also saw a very pretty Savage MKI .22 bolt action rifle that was quite the looker (the wood stain was in shades of blue & aqua), but passed, as I need to do some more research into what I want my first .22 rifle to be.

The highlights of the show for me though, were finding a possible lead on the first of the 2 sponsors that I need to join a local sportsman's club and then meeting fellow forum member WhiteFeather - it was the shirt

Jenn

(Allegheny County)

I went Saturday. I was wearing a black t-shirt with BFG on the front and on the back a pic of said gun from doom along with a modified version of the prayer from Full Metal Jacket. "This is my BFG. There are many like it but this one is mine..."

I also OC'd my CZ-52. I stopped at the gas station just off of 79 to hit the ATM on my way there. No one said anything, including the clerk. No one even looked at me funny.

At the show, I had a nice chat with a fellow about the CZ-52 and how to convert the magazines from 8-round to 9 round. I found the third magazine that I was looking for though it's one of the new reproductions not an original. The price was right and now I can start to seriously shop for pistol courses.

I found a fifty round ammo case big enough to hold the 7.62X54R for my M44. I also got the correct size bore brush for my M44.

I found and bought two boxes of original russian 7.62 Nagant so I can be sure to have enough rounds for the October shoot. I didn't realize just how far down into the brass the Ruskies sat the bullet. The Hotspot copper jacketed flat nosed ones I had bought previously are damn near to the lip of the brass.

I had a chat with a dealer who was flabbergasted that the Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club could have been reopened. He felt certain that "Tex" had to still be in jail because of the various charges, and that even if this "Tex" (of whom I have no experience with) was out, since he's a felon he can't possibly be allowed to own and operate a gun range. But this dealer did have an AR-15 with the 50 BMG conversion kit on it. I did have a nice chat about that little dream gun that's far out of my current budget. He had mentioned he had brought that 50 to the Pgh Gun Club prior to it being shut down, which sparked my memory that someone here had posted about it reopening. Perhaps someone who knows the deal with this Tex fella can chime in and ed-u-ma-cate me about the situation there.

I saw a whole mess of M44s, M38s, and M91/30's, including an "original" sniper varient of the 91/30. I can't be certain of the authenticity of the originality of the sniper as I don't yet know enough about them to know the distinguishing marks. But there are enough warnings out about the not really originals. But it was still neat to see.

Most of the SKS's I saw were about a hundred over j&g's (and SOG's) prices, so no bargains there. I was tempted to whip out plastic on the CZ82 the one guy had as I'm fairly sure that with shipping from SOG I'd be paying about the $239 he was asking. Or at least close enough to it that I'd be okay with supporting a local dealer n'at.

I chatted with the fellow at the Civil War Re-Enactors table about black powder weapons, and learned some stuff about them. I've never shot black powder, so it was good to learn about it. I'm getting some friends together to place an order for the repro Richardson Boot Pistols from SOG so we can get the 5+ pricing. It should provide some fun plinking.

Oh, and the Washington County Animal Rescue league was there Saturday with pooches wearing "adopt me" shirts designed to tug your heart strings until they're ready to break. If I had brought my own dog to make sure he'd get along with a new pooch, I'd have probably adopted a dog Saturday too.

All in all, I had a much better time Saturday in Washington than I did at the one in Harmarville a few weeks ago in spite of none of my friends being able to make this show. I hope whomever is in charge of the store for here can get it back up and running so I can get a shirt so other members can recognize me at the next one.

Eric
    Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
    Nagant M44 carbine 7.62X54R / WASR-10 7.62X39
    Nagant 1875 Revolver 7.62 Nagant / CZ 52 Semi-Auto 7.62x25

2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 custom -1976 Kawasaki KZ400 (project)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post

Yes I went both days as my brother and brother in law had a few tables set up.I think It was worth the 5 spot to get in.The prices were reasonable as well.I didn't really have anything specific to buy but maybe the next show may have something to sell

Quote Originally Posted by BronzeDragon View Post
    I had a chat with a dealer who was flabbergasted that the Greater Pittsburgh Gun Club could have been reopened. He felt certain that "Tex" had to still be in jail because of the various charges, and that even if this "Tex" (of whom I have no experience with) was out, since he's a felon he can't possibly be allowed to own and operate a gun range. Eric
    Eric, Tex, has not been in jail, and seeminly is openening the club. You have to stop listening to every one you hear at gun shows, If you want to take decisions for the GPGC, go there, see who you are talking about, ask HIM questions. Then take decisions based on yoru experiance there with he people there. Dont spout off at the mouth from 3rd party diareah coming out of some ones mouth who can freely say what ever they want about just about any subject.

Gun shows are like Flea markets, many dealers there forget who they represent, what they work with and how the people react to this talk, they become gossipers, then later wonder who they told what to.
    I went to a place where someone said Tex won the lotterly $250 million dollars and this is why he is not in jail yet. You just cant believe every one you see out there.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast