Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default OC at Giant Foods, Royersford - Good

I've seen some bad...or to say, negative...posts about Giant in regards to their weapons policy.

I OC at the one in Royersford almost every time I go, unless I'm wearing a jacket for one reason or another.

The last time I gave a visit, around 8-9 PM I'd say, I did OC.

I didn't have much stuff, around 50$ worth of junk. When I went to the cashier everything was normal. I had turned to get stuff out of the cart so my strong side was showing. The cashier didn't even blink...kept checking me out. Beep, beep, beep.

Then, the bagger was some youngish lady who gasped. My back was turned and I decided not to react. I turned a few seconds later and she was pointing, eyebrows up, looking at the cashier. This is awesome:

*Inaudible question* - to which I assume was "Is that a gun?"
    Cashier: Yea, so? My dad carries all the time.
    Turns to me.. "What kind is it?"
    Me: "It's a S&W M&P 9"
    Cashier: "Cool."

I could still tell that the lady bagging everything was not afraid of me, but was just surprised. She smiled and I was on my way.

If there is in fact a no weapons policy they seem to not enforce this policy on myself. I walk past employees all the time, past the greeter, checkout...nobody really even reacts.

I guess until I have a negative experience, I will give them a thumbs up (at least my store).

T

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: OC at Giant Foods, Royersford - Good

Quote Originally Posted by pctristan View Post
    I've seen some bad...or to say, negative...posts about Giant in regards to their weapons policy.

I OC at the one in Royersford almost every time I go, unless I'm wearing a jacket for one reason or another.

I didn't have much stuff, around 50$ worth of junk. When I went to the cashier everything was normal. I had turned to get stuff out of the cart so my strong side was showing. The cashier didn't even blink...kept checking me out. Beep, beep, beep.

Then, the bagger was some youngish lady who gasped. My back was turned and I decided not to react. I turned a few seconds later and she was pointing, eyebrows up, looking at the cashier. This is awesome:

I could still tell that the lady bagging everything was not afraid of me, but was just surprised. She smiled and I was on my way.

If there is in fact a no weapons policy they seem to not enforce this policy on myself. I walk past employees all the time, past the greeter, checkout...nobody really even reacts.

I guess until I have a negative experience, I will give them a thumbs up (at least my store).

T
    Do you look like you are a LEO? If i remember correctly, giants corporate policy is LEO only. do you think they would just assume you are a LEO?

I was just in there today and tried to buy as little as possible due to their policy.

-Alex

(Montgomery County)

Erm, I'm not that big of a guy. I dress rather well when I carry, so possibly. However, if they assume I'm LEO, not my fault lol.

(Montgomery County)

I OC at the same Giant... Never a problem..

T

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by exceltoexcel View Post
    I OC at the same Giant... Never a problem..
    OK, since I didn't knock on wood apparently...

I was ejected today by some manager. I didn't even recognize this until he asked me to leave...went something like this...

After getting what I would approximate to be about 100$ worth of food...

Guy:"Hello, what do you have there?"
    Turning around with a smile: "Oh, S&W."
    Guy: "Yea...you'll have to leave the store with that..."
    I looked down and at this point realized who it was. His tag said manager...I didn't catch the name, nor did I stay to do so.
    Me: "OK." Turned to walk out...
    Guy: "You can come back and finish...."
    Cutting him off: "No, you can keep that."

And walked out.

Excel...I am kinda depressed at this. There were a bunch of white shirt guys walking around. Looks to me like I had shitty timing as there was some kinda store review, inventory or otherwise going on. This was at ~2PM. Usually I don't go till after normal business hours when these guys wouldn't be there. Maybe this is why.

However, I now have to contact these guys, get some details, then contact corp. Sigh.

This is the Giant near me:
    967 South Township Line Road
    Royersford, PA 19468-1823

(610) 948-3054

Also, just to note...there is no sign or otherwise indication I am not allowed to carry in the store (at least not the entrance I use).
    ---------------------------
    Thank you for your feedback Tristan Curtin.
    A confirmation email will be sent to you soon. Please allow 3 to 5 business days for processing.

Your reference number is 2658693.
    ---------------------------

Tris
    Last edited by pctristan; May 10th, 2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: info on sign, update

(Montgomery County)

I'll contact with you.. Let me know when you're going to do this and we'll orchestrate a response. I'll stand outside with a sandwich board if we can get a few good men.. I shopped at the ACME once with it on my hip as well. No problems there either. I'm one of the white shirt guys with a gun on his hip.

OK, since I didn't knock on wood apparently...

I was ejected today by some manager. I didn't even recognize this until he asked me to leave...went something like this...

After getting what I would approximate to be about 100$ worth of food...

Guy:"Hello, what do you have there?"
    Turning around with a smile: "Oh, S&W."
    Guy: "Yea...you'll have to leave the store with that..."
    I looked down and at this point realized who it was. His tag said manager...I didn't catch the name, nor did I stay to do so.
    Me: "OK." Turned to walk out...
    Guy: "You can come back and finish...."
    Cutting him off: "No, you can keep that."

And walked out.

Excel...I am kinda depressed at this. There were a bunch of white shirt guys walking around. Looks to me like I had shitty timing as there was some kinda store review, inventory or otherwise going on. This was at ~2PM. Usually I don't go till after normal business hours when these guys wouldn't be there. Maybe this is why.

However, I now have to contact these guys, get some details, then contact corp. Sigh.

This is the Giant near me:
    967 South Township Line Road
    Royersford, PA 19468-1823

(610) 948-3054

Tris

(Montgomery County)

I'd actually prefer a lot of good women holding signs

(Allegheny County)

Corp was already contacted on several occasions and they DO NOT allow weapons in thier stores.

give me a minute to find the threads.

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/638...eading-oc.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/656...-friendly.html
    http://forum.pafoa.org/general-2/702...s-welcome.html
    Last edited by renegadephoenix; May 10th, 2010 at 03:05 PM.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

(Berks County)

First I would like to say Hello Brother Hiram. St. John's Lodge #435 In Reading Pa.

Second while I totally support your right to OC and think its a great idea I question why you just don't CC. I know its your right and if thats your reason thats good enough for me. I just have found with my experiences that Joe Public seems to have a bad perception of people with guns and to avoid any problems I just CC. Although maybe if there were more "Good Men" like yourself maybe the Public would ease up on their stance. Either way nice to meet you and keep travling OC or CC.

Corey

(Montgomery County)

Most of the time I OC in the summer as it is quite a bit more comfortable. I OC/CC as the occasion calls for it.
    I find it interesting they don't post they don't allow carry...but they have no problem ejecting you for it with 100$ worth of food in your cart.

I'll post the response I get from them...which I hope is not scripted...and we'll go from there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast