Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Henderson Defense "certified" WASR 10's?

Hi, wondering if anyone has one of these "certified" WASR 10's? The site is www.hendersondefense.com

They claim that for a little extra cash, I believe its around $420.00, they certify that their WASR's are guaranteed to not have any mag wobble, canted front sight or gas block.

Just wondering if I should go this route or go with classic arms WASR 10 with a shooters package that gives you some extras like bulldog carry case, extra mags, bayonet, etc for around the same price as "certified" AK?

Thoughts?
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Henderson Defense "certified" WASR 10's?

As far as I know...

Century stands by their products. If you buy a Century WASR and its screwed up, either return it back to the shop you bought it from, or send it back to Century and they'll fix it for you.

There shouldn't be a premium on a product just to guarantee it'll do what it should do out of the box.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    Hi, wondering if anyone has one of these "certified" WASR 10's? The site is www.hendersondefense.com

They claim that for a little extra cash, I believe its around $420.00, they certify that their WASR's are guaranteed to not have any mag wobble, canted front sight or gas block.

Just wondering if I should go this route or go with classic arms WASR 10 with a shooters package that gives you some extras like bulldog carry case, extra mags, bayonet, etc for around the same price as "certified" AK?

Thoughts?
    A good question. I don't think that the slight wobble is a problem. Vendors should be "fixing" the cant/block problem. I would be inclined to go with option 2. (I think most of the problem AK's have been sold or repaired anyway)

Thanks for the link, though,....!

(Monroe County)

I recieved a WASR form Century not to long ago. When I ordered it the nice woman at Classic assured me they were looking them over before shipping and if their was any issue they would work towards making it right. This included returning it to them or help returning it to Century, whichever route I chose to take.

When I got it It looked to have everything lined up as it should, fired at the range in a nice little pattern and after stripping and restaining the wood I am very happy with the purchase. The shooter package is a great deal as well so buy it and enjoy

(Bucks County)

a certified wasr10 is a joke in my opinion and a waste of money since none of the things like mag wobble effect the functioning of the gun. if you want a reliable AK that will send rounds down range and you don't care if it looks pretty the wasr10 can't be beat. it's my understanding the early wasr10's were the ones with canted sites but the newer production guns were good to go. my recommendation would be to go with the classic arms deal or find a wasr locally. surplus city guns is less than an hour drive from telford and they have plenty of wasr10 AK's in stock so you can handle the gun before you buy it.

What the other fine members said. They are marketing this towards the folks that buy into the internet B.S. Get the shooters package and have fun.

(Montgomery County)

Thanks to everyone! You all helped me make my choice, I'll let you know how it goes when i get it.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Berks County)

everyone says mag wobble makes no difference. it does. i learned first hand that when the mag rocked back and forth the gun would jam consistently. i modded the mag catch by welding it and it no longer wobbles and has never jammed since.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 97grnrs View Post
    everyone says mag wobble makes no difference. it does. i learned first hand that when the mag rocked back and forth the gun would jam consistently. i modded the mag catch by welding it and it no longer wobbles and has never jammed since.
    Yikes! I've had a shitload of WASRs and never had fore/aft wobble, just the harmless side/side.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Hokkmike Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Yikes! I've had a shitload of WASRs and never had fore/aft wobble, just the harmless side/side.
    That would be my experience as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast