Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default LOVE My new Ruger Mark III Hunter

So, i had trouble with the sights the first 2 times - the 3rd time is a charm! I blew a large chunk of the bulls eye out of the plate at 21 feet. Close groupings. I think I GOT IT NOW !!!
    No misfires or jams in over 100 rounds of Federal bulk pack ammo. Now i am waiting for the baby uplula for 22s coming out soon. And a few more magazines!
    Only thing better than a Ruger mark III - 2 Rugers haha Don't feel like sharing it with the hubby too much! maybe he wants one for "his" birthday!?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: LOVE My new Ruger Mark III Hunter

I have one as well that I recently acquired and it has done nothing but impress. The manual says to regulate the sights so that the fiber dot cover the point of impact, which has worked very well for me. It also seems that standard velocity ammo works better then the high velocity stuff when it comes to group sizes.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Berks County)

Mk IIIs are great pistols aren't they?

A word of advice - keep the magazines clean. Take them apart and clean them well every now and then to maintain reliable feeding.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Mk IIIs are great pistols aren't they?

A word of advice - keep the magazines clean. Take them apart and clean them well every now and then to maintain reliable feeding.
    +1 on that. That's one of the main cause of issues with my MKIII. Aside from that, its amazing. I couldn't be happier. Its my favorite at the moment. The new XD comes Friday though, so we'll see what happens.
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rwb1500 View Post
    +1 on that. That's one of the main cause of issues with my MKIII. Aside from that, its amazing. I couldn't be happier. Its my favorite at the moment. The new XD comes Friday though, so we'll see what happens.
    Standard XD or XDm?

(Bucks County)

Do yourself a favor and get the volquartsen target sear. While I was at it, I got the mark II bushing [to disable the magazine disconnect (which will make cleaning the gun easier)] and the bolt tune up kit. There stuff is all top notch and drops right in without any need for gunsmithing.

I personally couldn't stand the fiber optic sights. It actually was just the v notch in the back that bothered me. I called ruger and they told me what part I was looking for and sold it to me (would have been better if they gave it to me, but hey, they are a business).

-Zach

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by BerksCountyDave View Post
    Standard XD or XDm?
    XD9 V10. I found it for an unbelievable price and had to snatch it up..

Not trying to thread hijack...

There aren't a whole lot of things more fun than a MKIII. Now that you have the sights figured out you can start looking at red dots or scopes!
    Selling off a a sizeable Spyderco collection here

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the advice! Had all my gear ready to go kayaking with my husband this eve. until my son reminded me he has his last Senior Band Concert...arghhh ......so....away all the paddling gear went and out came all my gun gear haha Not too bad a trade off - enough time to get some shooting in before the concert. I am passing up a birthday dinner to go play!

I never thought about cleaning the magazines so that is interesting. Semis are new to me.

(Allegheny County)

Okay, I'm going to run with the train of thought that was started by others in my chainsaw thread.

You wasted your money on that Ruger. Not saying anything against Rugers but you should have bought a Pardini and had a set of Fung grips made for it. At 21 feet the Pardini will put all the bullets through one tiny hole.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiley-X View Post
    Okay, I'm going to run with the train of thought that was started by others in my chainsaw thread.

You wasted your money on that Ruger. Not saying anything against Rugers but you should have bought a Pardini and had a set of Fung grips made for it. At 21 feet the Pardini will put all the bullets through one tiny hole.
    Screw Pardini. I would go Hammerli SP 20 for free pistol love. However, on a good day I can get my rounds from my Ruger Mark 3 Hunter in about the same hole at 30 feet (with a relatively clean bore).

Speaking of rimfire love, does anyone have recommendations for target grade ammunition for the Mark 3? I am going to do a pepsi challenge like ammo test and would happily post the results in a new thread.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast