Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default prvi partizan 9mm blank ammo - malfunction?

I picked up some prvi partizan 9mm luger blank ammo. I have a glock 17 and these blanks wont work. The first shot will fire but the gun fails to eject the spent blank casing properly. The front of the casing gets stuck on the front lower part of the ejection port on my glock. Without firing the blank round, but rather just cyling it through the gun, it ejects perfectly before the slide even goes fully back. Looking at the spent casing, i notice that putting it back into the barrel isnt really a smooth action...meaning the casing expands to a larger diameter than the barrel (or tries to) so it is probably causing damage with each shot.

Should I toss the ammo?

(Washington County)

Default Re: prvi partizan 9mm blank ammo - malfunction?

Not an expert.. however, I do know all rounds expand on firing, and at the same time, some semi-autos have a restrictor that is used with the blank rounds to generate the pressure and recoil to properly cycle a given firearm.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Azzy View Post
    Not an expert.. however, I do know all rounds expand on firing, and at the same time, some semi-autos have a restrictor that is used with the blank rounds to generate the pressure and recoil to properly cycle a given firearm.
    hmm. I have heard that glocks sometimes do not cycle properly with some types of silencers attached also. Maybe there is not enough powder for the action to cycle.

ROFL, You would need a "Blank Firing Attachment" BFA for short, not sure how you would get one for a glock, but basically it is a pin that goes inside the barrel and is clipped to the outside, usually used on rifles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blank-firing_adaptor

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...8/image799.gif
    Last edited by Frenchy; September 24th, 2007 at 04:13 PM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    You would need a "Blank Firing Attachment" BFA for short, not sure how you would get one for a glock, but basically it is a pin that goes inside the barrel and is clipped to the outside, usually used on rifles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blank-firing_adaptor

http://www.globalsecurity.org/milita...8/image799.gif
    Ah thanks man. no clue how I would get one either.

(Washington County)

If you want it to cycle, you will need a blank fire adapter. For the glock, the best way to do it would be to get a scrap barrel and weld up an adapter inside the muzzle. A blank fire adapter restricts the bore to allow the pressure of the escaping gases to build up enough to cycle the action.

A fired blank round is much longer than a fired standard round. Sometimes the fired blanks round is longer than an unfired blank round due to the crimp opening up. If this is the case, even with the BFA, they may not cycle properly unless you get your ejection port opened up.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Pike County)

And please, while perhaps obvious to some, if you buy or make a BFA remember not to have any real ammo around when using it, as you will be very unhappy if you fire a live round with the BFA in place, and perhapps in the hospital. Could be a good one for the torture tests on G&A TV!

(Jefferson County)

Newton's laws on physics.... equal action creates and equal reaction.

unless a semi-auto firearm is gas operated, it requires recoil to operate. for there to be recoil(motion backwards), there must be an object going forwards. ...blanks dont have objects. So a blank adapter must be install for the expanding gases to be restricted from leaving the barrel. that will allow the pressure to build up and push the slide back.

You will find that some really low powered cartridges can fail to cycle the slide as well due to a set spring compression rate of the recoil spring.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!