Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default New S&W 380 Bodyguard

I'm already hooked and plan on getting one especially with the integrated guide rod laser and the magazine extensions. I was just wondering if anyone knows when I can expect to see them offered for sale. Cool looking little pistol with some of the problems other small .380's have being corrected in the design. Some people on here might hate it but I personally like the design a lot. What do you think?
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...content=754501
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

(York County)

Default Re: New S&W 380 Bodyguard

I've been thinking of getting one as well. I think I read May 2010 release, so hopefully only a few weeks till I can feel one in my hand somewhere.

(Luzerne County)

I like it. I wonder what is the price? I am just not sure if i will be getting rid of my LCP for one, since my LCP is running great.

Quote Originally Posted by lovetogoshooting View Post
    I like it. I wonder what is the price? I am just not sure if i will be getting rid of my LCP for one, since my LCP is running great.
    I have no current plans to abandon my LCP.

I have plans to acquire the Bodyguard 380 as soon as available.

We'll see which one wins.

Some indication of street price is:
    S&W BODYGUARD 380 109380 2.75 LASR BLK - $432
    New S&W Bodyguard 380 Pistol w/Laser 109380 - $390

Others may have more finds to add to the list.
    Howard - I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!

(Monroe County)

When I saw video coverage of it from the SHOT show, there was an integral flashlight as well. The gun looks great, but it's only a .380acp. 6+1 capacity. It's quite a bit larger than the kel-tec p3at and the Ruger LCP. When you get as big as the S&W body guard is, I don't understand the logic behind it. .380 is more expensive than 9mm, and isn't as effective of a round. Why not just get a gun of similar size, chambered in 9mm? IMO the reason the pocket pistol .380's excel is because of their size, which lends to it's extreme concealability.

That being said, I think the SW body guard is a cool gun, and if I could find one that beats the out the door price of a ruger lcp for $300 I would buy one.
    Quote Originally Posted by headcase View Post
    let them eventually bring the FBI to kill my wife and son over fucking chickens....

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ratrodfink View Post
    I'm already hooked and plan on getting one especially with the integrated guide rod laser and the magazine extensions. I was just wondering if anyone knows when I can expect to see them offered for sale. Cool looking little pistol with some of the problems other small .380's have being corrected in the design. Some people on here might hate it but I personally like the design a lot. What do you think?
    http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...content=754501

To use the gayest word possible, I think it looks a little "busy". Not sure I want/need a thumb safety or slide stop on a .380 pocket gun. But, hey, if you like it and it works for you then thats all that counts. My glocks have never exactly won any beauty contests themselves!
    Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Amen. **PROUD III**

(Chester County)

I don't know about the size difference between the Bodyguard and the LCP. It seems fairly negligible considering the built in laser and the pinky extensions already there. I may have to do a real world comparison and buy both just for scientific purposes and the betterment of humanity.
    Those who fear the coming of all Hells
    are those who should be feared themselves.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by ratrodfink View Post
    I don't know about the size difference between the Bodyguard and the LCP. It seems fairly negligible considering the built in laser and the pinky extensions already there. I may have to do a real world comparison and buy both just for scientific purposes and the betterment of humanity.
    Jay, looks very cool,I have to have one but I think I will be waiting till its around a while. new model w/ intger lazer let them work out the bugs first--- just a thought!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcabin View Post
    That being said, I think the SW body guard is a cool gun, and if I could find one that beats the out the door price of a ruger lcp for $300 I would buy one.
    I doubt that there will be one offered without the integral laser for a year or two if ever. So getting one for the price of an LCP is unlikely. It is noteworthy that the street price of the Bodyguard 380 is within pennies of the combined street price of the LCP plus CT LaserGuard. I never underestimate the marketing prowess of S&W>

Quote Originally Posted by asavo757 View Post
    Jay, looks very cool,I have to have one but I think I will be waiting till its around a while. new model w/ intger lazer let them work out the bugs first--- just a thought!!!
    And give up all the fun of being an early adopter.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast