Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-Treme sports

Default X-Treme sports

We have all heard of Extreme sports, you know, the sports most people can only imagine happening, but would never in a thousand years consider themselves doing.

I some times wonder about these sports, I mean we all jumped a hump of dirt with our bikes as kids. We all made a ramp and jumped it a foot off the ground, but some of these people are taking our foot and making it seem so small as to even neglect.

Some sports are some what attainable for the average person, they may not be winners at the sport, but they can at least practice it, I am thinking like USPSA or IDPA. Might take you 20 minutes, but you can come out saying you tried it. Right?

But just how many people would try this new Extreme sport?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLf21slpqbQ
    Or
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94VzOH7RLa8
    There are more out there, just look up glacier surfing
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: X-Treme sports

Wow, that is pure insanity.

I can only imagine how cold that water is.

Proud member of:

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Wow, that is pure insanity.

I can only imagine how cold that water is.
    In one video I watched, you can see the Ice blocks floating on the water, makes the water look like a shallow river.
    Some how, in my wildest dreams I cant see my self doing that even if the water was free of ice. The mere thought that miss by a foot and you could come out dead under tons and tons of ice is just a bit too much to immagine for me.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Philadelphia County)

Damn. Thats silly.

When you have to go to that extreme to entertain yourself, just put a bullet in your head. Its all over.

Check out the great Dan Osman.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by LorDiego01 View Post
    Damn. Thats silly.

When you have to go to that extreme to entertain yourself, just put a bullet in your head. Its all over.

Check out the great Dan Osman.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...arch&plindex=0

Man i am so scared of heights, I was having trouble watching this! You know when you get that cramped feeling in your back and you feel like your eyes are poping out!

Great video, that monkey looked a lot like a man!

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    In one video I watched, you can see the Ice blocks floating on the water, makes the water look like a shallow river.
    Some how, in my wildest dreams I cant see my self doing that even if the water was free of ice. The mere thought that miss by a foot and you could come out dead under tons and tons of ice is just a bit too much to immagine for me.
    Yeah, definitely. You'd have to have a death wish to do something like this.

Proud member of:

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
    Yeah, definitely. You'd have to have a death wish to do something like this.

Quite the opposite!

That is a man who wants to enjoy LIFE! Everyone has something that gives them a little rush. Some people it's shooting the perfect set at CMP or IDPA. Others it's catching that huge bass. I personally love riding the motorcycle, especially the tight turns. This is a person who has found his rush, examined the risks involved, and successfully pulled off this stunt without the use of his safety. I think that means he has his head screwed on straight.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smith View Post
    Quite the opposite!

That is a man who wants to enjoy LIFE! Everyone has something that gives them a little rush. Some people it's shooting the perfect set at CMP or IDPA. Others it's catching that huge bass. I personally love riding the motorcycle, especially the tight turns. This is a person who has found his rush, examined the risks involved, and successfully pulled off this stunt without the use of his safety. I think that means he has his head screwed on straight.
    I guess you're right. It's still insane, though.

Proud member of:

(Westmoreland County)

Ha that was cool...the wildest sport I ever tried was extreme paddle boating at the lake! I'm lucky to be alive!!

New AR15 Forum! www.AlphaRomeo15.org All AR, No Attitude!

Poultney, VT(school) Norristown, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

i love doing the big jumps on a snowboard. you know the one 80+ feet. you're in the air forever its so peacefull.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast