Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default InSights General Defensive Handgun - April 24-25, 2010 - Lewisberry, PA (Harrisburg)

Hey guys, quick heads up. A friend of mine is running this class this coming weekend, and still has a few open spots.

This is a great intro class for folks who don't currently have any formal training with a firearm, and it's being offered at a great price. I can't list it, so PM me for the details. You won't be disappointed.

Here are the details:

General Defensive Handgun

Course Designer: Greg Hamilton

Join the thousands of students who have come to InSights Training Center to get self defense handgun training in a safe, responsible environment. The General Defensive Handgun class gives students the information, skills, and mindset to carry and use a handgun for self defense.

In this class, students learn to use their handgun safely, quickly, and reflexively as is required in close-range high-speed defensive situations, and to understand the legal responsibilities of handgun use.

This course should be considered a minimum for anyone who owns or is considering carrying a handgun for self defense. General Defensive Handgun is also a prerequisite for all higher-level InSights handgun training.

Subjects Covered:

* Firearms safety as it pertains to self-defense
    * The integrated act of firing: stance, grip, sight alignment, trigger press, follow through
    * Speed reloading, tactical reloading, clearing malfunctions
    * Rapid multiple shots on single targets, rapid engagement of multiple targets
    * Engagement of targets from the ready position, the draw, and the concealed draw
    * The proper tactical response to single or multiple opponent situations
    * Legalities concerning the use of deadly force (both criminal and civil), interactions with law-enforcement
    * Handgun types and modifications
    * Ballistics and ammunition selection as it pertains to the handgun
    * Holster selection and accessories

Again, contact me personally for sign-up info...it's worth asking about.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: InSights General Defensive Handgun - April 24-25, 2010 - Lewisberry, PA (Harrisbu

I took this class last year and highly recommend it. A very nice blend of class room mindset discussion and range time. They start with the basics like grip and trigger reset and build to drawing, shooting then reloading on the move. Round count was over 800 by the end of the class.