Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Can't get a straight answer on self protection

I agree, If there are instances of legal trouble that cause you to be turned down for a LTCF, then these might also prevent you from owning long guns as well, and if you are found with one as a prohibited individual you could be looking at some jail time. If your really afraid of "Bears" get some bear chaser spray, it works on 2 legged predators too.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Exclamation Re: Can't get a straight answer on self protection

Just as WhiteFeather said, consult the agency that writes and enforces the laws in our state, and while I'm at it, those of you who use this forum for information regarding fiearms laws should get your information from the written laws of our state, the Uniform Firearms Act of Pennsylvania.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Can't get a straight answer on self protection

Quote Originally Posted by vinman View Post
    Just as WhiteFeather said, consult the agency that writes and enforces the laws in our state, and while I'm at it, those of you who use this forum for information regarding fiearms laws should get your information from the written laws of our state, the Uniform Firearms Act of Pennsylvania.
    The “agency that writes and enforces the laws” pertaining to state forests is the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources (the Bureau of Forestry specifically), and their regulations are contained in the Pa. Code. The Title 34 Pa.C.S. Game and Wildlife Code can also apply to carrying firearms in a state forest, especially considering that 34 Pa.C.S. § 2301 makes the possession of any firearm prima facie evidence of hunting, while 34 Pa.C.S. § 2525 only offers preemption to holders of a license to carry a firearm (LTCF) while carrying a “firearm” as defined by 18 Pa.C.S. § 6102 (i.e., long guns are not included in this preemption). The Uniform Firearms Act is not the sole resource for firearms law in Pennsylvania.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12