Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Monroe County)

Default Re: Where Have You Been All My Life!!!!!

Congrats, sounds like a great gun. Enjoy it and let us know what it's like ankle carrying it.

I recommend getting a Wolff Spring kit for it to lighten up the trigger a little.

The SP101 is basically a small GP100; the stock trigger is like 10 or 12 pounds.

Replace the trigger return spring and the main hammer spring with lighter Wolff springs and the trigger will go from stiff to smooth as butter.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    I recommend getting a Wolff Spring kit for it to lighten up the trigger a little.

The SP101 is basically a small GP100; the stock trigger is like 10 or 12 pounds.

Replace the trigger return spring and the main hammer spring with lighter Wolff springs and the trigger will go from stiff to smooth as butter.
    Not exactly. I did the same for my SP 101 and it lightened the trigger yet it was still a bit gritty. Then I had John Robinson do an action job on that beast and it was smooth after a bit of polishing. One common modification for Ruger revolvers is radius and polish the trigger. This takes the sharp edges and angels off of the trigger and makes it a pleasure.

If I recall correctly Classic Pistol charges about 85 bucks for an action job and it is worth every cent. You can also pick up a meprolight front tritium sight and you have one hell of a carry revolver.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_NEPhila View Post
    Not exactly. I did the same for my SP 101 and it lightened the trigger yet it was still a bit gritty. Then I had John Robinson do an action job on that beast and it was smooth after a bit of polishing. One common modification for Ruger revolvers is radius and polish the trigger. This takes the sharp edges and angels off of the trigger and makes it a pleasure.

If I recall correctly Classic Pistol charges about 85 bucks for an action job and it is worth every cent. You can also pick up a meprolight front tritium sight and you have one hell of a carry revolver.
    Ah, that must have been done to my GP-100.

I bought a GP-100 from an ICORE competitor; it was his competition gun. Green fiberoptic front sight and rear V sight for rapid target acquisition. Trigger that's smoother than a fine 25 year single malt. I know he installed Wolff Springs because he gave me the rest of the set along with the gun.

(Montgomery County)

Exclamation Re: Where Have You Been All My Life!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nullifidian View Post
    Ah, that must have been done to my GP-100.

I bought a GP-100 from an ICORE competitor; it was his competition gun. Green fiberoptic front sight and rear V sight for rapid target acquisition. Trigger that's smoother than a fine 25 year single malt. I know he installed Wolff Springs because he gave me the rest of the set along with the gun.
    I seriously believe that the GP 100 you own should be the subject of a gun picture thread!!!
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

Glad to hear you like it so much! The '101 has just been added to the list of contenders for a revolver for Mrs. Traveler!

I would defintely take a look. Its a bit heavy but I tend to prefer heavier guns, dont like the extra recoil.

I do intend to CC the SP. I'd like to ankle carry, at least see how it feels. But from what I have heard from alot of people on forums is that it is way to heavy. So ill probably end up getting another Don Hume or similar IWB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12