Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Did they shut down the state of NJ?

I know this is pretty much useless but I decided to contact my NJ state legislators to express my opinion on my right to carry in NJ. I emailed them and then followed up with a phone call to my district legislator Robert Singer. When I called Robert Singer's office they transferred me to his 'Chief of Staff' and I was told the my call and opinion was taken down and as soon as they see the email come in it will be placed on Mr. Singers desk ( I just hope they are not sending the State Police to my house at this very moment). They also told me that the other two representatives will also be copied. So then I decided to contact the Governor with an e-mail. The mail went through but when I call his office no one picked up. I tried a second and third time and again no one picked up and the was not even a choice voice mail. It just kept ringing until I go a recorded message saying "your party is not answering". Did the last person in Trenton turn out the lights or do they just not want to talk to anyone? I vote for the latter. Geeez!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Did they shut down the state of NJ?

My bet is that this is the modus operandi of elected officials at such a high level. Your future expectations should be about similar.
    Join the groups protecting your rights from the fools trying to take them from you!

(Montgomery County)

A lot of people keep hoping.
    Keep perspective, recognize the good in your enemies and the bad in your friends.
    "--you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him." - Robert A. Heinlein, Revolt in 2100

(Berks County)

I think that I would double check the number I was calling. I've never called a politician's office and not at least gotten voice mail.
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    I think that I would double check the number I was calling. I've never called a politician's office and not at least gotten voice mail.
    I just called again and talked to some one there. Probably a secretary or something. I am not expecting miracles but wanted to make my voice heard.

(Bucks County)

I've never called a politician's office and not at least gotten voice mail.
    Try calling Philadelphia City council people, you get nothing. rings and rings or cuts out.

As for writing legislators, as long as you do not make threats you should be fine.

Your best bet is to make an appointment to speak with them and then voice your opinion. Be prepared and do not leave the office unless they give you a clear answer. Let them know you must be an informed voter and you will need to vote with exact knowledge of the representatives direction.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by fischfam View Post
    Did the last person in Trenton turn out the lights or do they just not want to talk to anyone?
    Call Jersey Guys at 101.5. They love that shit. Not to mention, Christie actually takes people's questions at that station once every month, so you may address him directly.

(Bucks County)

If you want to know some NJ gun laws up for legislation that may be stalled or coming up for vote check

http://www.njsfsc.org/Legislation/default.asp

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by fischfam View Post
    I decided to contact my NJ state legislators to express my opinion on my right to carry in NJ

Change that to "desire to carry". 2A doesn't grant a right to carry, it outlines a right to bear (own) arms.
    Non sibi sed patriae

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SwornEnema View Post
    Change that to "desire to carry". 2A doesn't grant a right to carry, it outlines a right to bear (own) arms.

Huh?? Citation please?

In checking with every dictionary I could find online, I am unable to locate a single source that supports your assertion.

Quite the opposite, every one states exactly the opposite and proves you wrong. Can you help me to understand where you are coming from?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast