Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Red face Whatya think about TC Hunter rifle?

Anyone here have some experience with the Thompson Center Pro Hunter rifle, its the one that you see on all the hunting shows, with the interchangeable barrels. im thinking of purchasing one, but have never shot it, or have never heard any neg's on the fact that you have to break it to load a single cartridge. please let me know what you all think, thanks.

Default Re: Whatya think about TC Hunter rifle?

I have one of the original Encore frames. I love it. I have a 15inch .308 Win pistol barrel and a 26inch .50cal muzzle loading barrel. The newer Pro Hunter frames and barrels have some nice features that make me jealous. I shoot action pistol matches and have some trigger time every month. I’m very confident when I put the sights on game that it’s going to be one shot one kill. It doesn’t matter how many rounds the gun holds. I haven’t needed more than one shot in a few years. But I have in the past, I will in the future.

I will include this lesson if you go handgunning:

*******CAUTION ENCORE HANDGUNNERS*******

DO NOT wear FLEECE gloves while shooting your 15 inch barreled ENCORE in .308 Win. Handgun!

As light was shrinking on the close of MD firearms season I was reviewing what poor year I was having when two doe walked up to my right. I decide to try the shot left handed. I rested the fore stock on the padded shooting rail. With the right hand on top of the scope and the grip tight in my left hand I touched off the shot. Boom! The gun flew out of my hands, bounced off my chest, sprung off the burlap stand blind and onto the seat beside me. The doe crumpled at the shot, neck shot, right where the cross hairs were. I was never so glad I put the burlap on the stand or the ENCORE would have fallen the 20 feet to the ground.

Learn from my mistake. I love those gloves, very warm, but it was like shooting with grease hands.

I’m smiling now!
    Walt